Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Love

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Agreed, to love someone is to be willing to give all of yourself to them simply because they are more important to you than you are to yourself. Being around that person, just spending time with them, doing nothing at all can make up for the worst of times. Holding each other, not saying anything, just glad to be together, realizing that this is all you really need.

As much as I have tried to describe what love means to me, to me love is one of those things that can't be explained and can't be described. "Words can never replace feelings, nor pictures replace having been there".

FallenOne, your thoughts reminded me of this:
    "To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer; not to love is to suffer; to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy, then, is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be happy, one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness."
    --Woody Allen (American motion-picture director, screenwriter, actor, and author,1935)
    Last edited by angelan; Nov 06, 2004 at 08:13 PM.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Newbie Blaz may be famous one day Blaz may be famous one day
    Thanks
    The English language, despite its vast vocabulary (~450,000+ words), is surprising lacking in more descriptive words for the various types of love. Most other languages have multiple words describing the sort of love one is referring to, because obviously telling a lover "I love you" is very different from saying "I love chocolate".

There is the love expressed in friendship, there is the love expressed between family members, and then there is the love expressed between (for lack of a better word at the moment...) lovers. Three entirely different types of love, all of which use the same exact word.

So now I must answer a question with another question, which type of love are we talking about here?

I believe we are talking about the deepest kind of love one human can feel towards another. In that sense, I must agree with angelan in that I too have great difficulty in expressing what love is. I know what it feels like, I know that I’ve experienced it, for better and for worse, but to actually describe it is a daunting task indeed.

Yes, it hurts when the person you love is hurting, it hurts even more when you are the cause of that hurt. At times you feel like you want to be with that person all the time, but then you remember the old adage, “absence makes the heart grow fonder” which is also true in its own way. Love is also that warm squishy feeling. It also allows one to feel like they would give their life for their lover.

But in the end, for me at least, I believe the Bible said it best:

Love is patient; love is kind
    and envies no one.
    Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
    never selfish, not quick to take offense.
    There is nothing love cannot face;
    there is no limit to its faith,
    its hope, and endurance.
    In a word, there are three things
    that last forever: faith, hope, and love;
    but the greatest of them all is love.

~ Corinthians 1:13 ~
    Last edited by Blaz; Nov 06, 2004 at 10:01 PM.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Love. That's a difficult thing to think about it. I'd have to say it is.....the most hated feeling in the world. Though it is the most cherished.

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Love is when you find that some one that adds what ever piece of life your missing to your own.

It's different for everyone, but the joy that comes out of it is the saem for everyone.

Besides that I'm not sure of what it could be like. I have other ideas but I could probably go on forever with this project.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Newbie therealslimfatguy may be famous one day therealslimfatguy may be famous one day
    somewhere in the south western part of the US
    Thanks
    I think the thing that has to happen is distinguish between love and lust. I'm not saying you cant lust after the one you love. I'm just saying that love is when you'd be happy just holding that person or spending time in their arms. When you dont feel a need to be constantly talking and can just enjoy eachother's presence.

Otaku paultjuh may be famous one day paultjuh may be famous one day
    Thanks
    love is very complicated and unpredictable
    nothing more to say here

Newbie *OMNI THWACK* may be famous one day *OMNI THWACK* may be famous one day *OMNI THWACK*'s Avatar
    Thanks
    My difinition of love is.

Doing your best for someone you care about not because you have or you need to but because you want to.
    [align=center]Ookami komyunitei |-
    [/align]

Otaku kryptonic may be famous one day kryptonic may be famous one day kryptonic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ok, listen up everybody. Love is like heaven,but it hurts like hell. If you fall in love with someone, don't worry about what's gonna happen in the future. Just enjoy the time you spend with your lover. Everybody has their own diffrent opinion about love, but everybody has one thing in common: They were all in love once, Love might hurt but everybody wants to experiance it. We shouldn't really try to explain love. It could happen at anytime and to anyone. Love is a beutiful thing and no matter what people say,everybody wants it. Love does hurt sometimes,but that's part of life. Love and joy wouldn't feel so good and special if it wasn't for pain.
    When you're caught between Good and Evil, Make them both suffer.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast