Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Love

Newbie Jaen Wingfire may be famous one day Jaen Wingfire may be famous one day Jaen Wingfire's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile

I think love is when, like so many have said, one is willing to give anything for the other person, even their life. This aspect is the common binding of all love. If talking specifically about love for the opposite sex in a sensual way, it also means giving your heart out to no end, listening to the others hardships, and comforting them when they need comfort. True love is the most difficult thing to find in the world, but like all great treasures it has some curses too.

~ In school now , so this is just a quickie. Possibly more L8T3R.
    Last edited by Jaen Wingfire; Jan 14, 2005 at 08:42 AM.
    Kaze ni omoi o, tsuki ni negaio, chikara aru kagiri ikiteku ne, kyou mo boku-ra no omoi o itsuka dareka no mune ni.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    All are true in their own way, but in the way that love is in your own heart, I'd have to say this:

Within yourself, you have many kinds of love for things with many intentions and reasons behind them. Love for food or material things may stem from desire of the heart- that desire comes from an empty feeling that all people have in them and they try and fill that void with material things.
    This is also true with love for others--sometimes--. To try and fill a void in your heart left over from whatever might have hurt you at some point in your life. ~To fill the vacancy in ones heart is to fill the very soul and mind.~
    Do you have a true love in your heart? One that isnt stemed from mixed emotions, expectations, or selfish intensions? The truest love that people can find doesnt end in romance or "love-making" or twining of souls. The truest love is found in the hearts of little children.
    The love that children have for their parents are undenyably THE most true love there could ever be. A child might be smacked, beaten, or worse---but that child will still forgive and love that parent(while a child).
    This kind of love is brought out of feelings of pure love-- Say, for example, think of someone that has completely been the worst person in your life. It doesn't matter how hatefull, but it has to be the one you HATE the most. could you forgive that person? Could you love that person?

Those are the most difficult questions to respond "yes" to. How can you love your enemys? even in the midst of them harrasing you or hurting you could you turn and say "I forgive you"? That, my freinds is the hardest love to obtain.

Otaku MuMu Champion Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart's Avatar
    Thanks

Love and other thoughts

Well, for a guy who's has never been LOVED, in the sense of a girl loving me, I know a lot about it. I guess love for an individual is some kind of bond that you feel you have. I have mistaken love for lust, and love for other things. However, I found out that love is when the two people, in love, share a bond with each other than cannot be explained by the mouths of people. It's as if the two people share a part of themselves in thier heart with each other. I currently have a crush with a girl, and I hope she will see me for the gentleman that I am trying to be every day. I am trying to be a nice guy first, then I act more like a Christian, like I am, but don't act like. In the end it comes down to how you BOTH feel about each other. I had one girl in my life, and she was only lustful, as was I. I have learned my lesson. One day I hope we all find our answers, about love and otherwise...

Far be it for me to be anything special, when the only special thing I desire with me, is the special person I share my gifts with.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's a pernuptial agreement between to people ^-^. j/k
    It's when to people can connect and live a happy life... with good and bad moments.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Love huh...to be perfectly honest i am a very loyal and commited person in a relationship but i fear getting to attached because i believe i am stronger alone...but i do love my girlfriend i know she loves me also but again commitment scares me.Jan

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Hmm... at least one thing here didn't get mixed up like other discussions I've had with people: Love and Lust. I know, they are hard to get confused, but still. You'd be surprised how many people do that.
    Love, IMHO, is just a strong emotional bond between people. Nothing to it, but that. This might be a little "weird" to point out right now, but I'ma use an example from Cardcaptors Sakura (go me!), namely Yue (forgot his other name, think it's Yujiro): Sakura's love towards him and relatives is different than love towards other people. Gotta love CLAMP, too.
    *Ahem* Anyway, just to clarify, love is when you feel deeply for a person, and you are willing to sustain (nearly) anything for them. Now, some may call me cynical, but that's my definition of love. NEARLY being the key word. Now, if we're talking about what I consider "true" love, which no human can obtain, it's just the ideal form of our "love".
    Hate to bring this up, but it's like Communism: good idea, but really can't work out good.
    Let's be honest with ourselves: we will NEVER be willing to sustain ANYTHING POSSIBLE for someone. You know it, I know it, let's skip the extra junk.
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Newbie Brother may be famous one day Brother may be famous one day Brother's Avatar
    Thanks
    Depends. Is it love between man and God or between people. If it is man and god, then it all depends on your faith. My opinion of true love with God would be accepting the higher power and give up everything considered as "Sin" and follow a life guided by him through scripture and faith. Now , a man and a woman's love is totally different. A man doesn't have to give up anything for a woman, and a woman doesn't have to give up anything for a man. A man and a woman get attracted by looks or personality or sometimes both, and then they accept each other for who they are. Thus, with this relationship without any self-sacrifition, it is only a will to survive and reproduce. Translation : True love is nothing but bullshit.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Otaku Kira may be famous one day Kira may be famous one day Kira's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother
    Translation : True love is nothing but bullshit.
    Most often, when someone says this, it means that he or she have not yet experienced "true love".

I have not yet experienced such thing yet... I cannot tell you how it feels but I'm sure it is beautiful.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast