View Poll Results: which would u choose to spend the rest of ur life?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • true love

23 67.65%
  • $1 million

11 32.35%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: love or money?

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: love or money?

I've already sworn off relationships. Females are scary.
    Gimme the million and I'll be happy.
    Besides, all a female really wants anyway is for a guy to buy them things.
    Any guy can certainly buy his female.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Well dude, I, without doubt, choose True Love. Of course money is materialistic, but love is not. Please note that I refering to true love not the pleasure that some folks try to associate it with. Then again, you need money to survive, but try to work to survive and take care of your family. So, true love, always .
    Last edited by kedar; Nov 11, 2005 at 11:01 AM.

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

I see a lot of people who chose true love holding hands while their other 2 hands hold up a "Need money or food. God bless." sign.
    Love without money is just as bad as money without love.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I see you point, dude. I am not really good at explaining, so I bow down to the master monk of Madurai and let him explain partly what true love is all about. BTW, true love and money never go hand in hand.

"True love can never react so as to cause pain either to the lover or to the beloved. Suppose a man loves a woman; he wishes to have her all to himself and feels extremely jealous about her every movement; he wants her to sit near him, to stand near him and to eat and move at his bidding. He is a slave to her and wishes to have her as his slave. That is not love; it is a kind of morbid affection of the slave, insinuating itself as love. It cannot be love, because it is painful; if she does not do what he wants, it brings him pain. With love there is no painful reaction; love only brings a reaction of bliss; if it does not, it is not love; it is mistaking something else for love. When you have succeeded in loving your husband, your wife, your children, the whole world, the universe in such a manner that there is no reaction of pain or jealousy, no selfish feeling, then you are in a fit state to be unattached."
    I sincerely bow to the monk who stated the above. And here is something else he said, which is also partly related to this discussion topic. Forgive me if you think otherwise.

When I Asked God for Strength
    He Gave Me Difficult Situations to Face

When I Asked God for Brain & Brawn
    He Gave Me Puzzles in Life to Solve

When I Asked God for Happiness
    He Showed Me Some Unhappy People

When I Asked God for Wealth
    He Showed Me How to Work Hard

When I Asked God for Favors
    He Showed Me Opportunities to Work Hard

When I Asked God for Peace
    He Showed Me How to Help Others

God Gave Me Nothing I Wanted
    He Gave Me Everything I Needed
    He is truly a man of great spirit.
    Last edited by kedar; Nov 11, 2005 at 11:28 AM.

Thanks

I can live more comfortably without a female than with one.
    However, I can't live comfortably at all without any money.
    And as far as people to money goes, Mark Twain had this to say:
    "Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, and over these ideals they dispute, but they all worship money."

Thanks

And as far as people to money goes, Mark Twain had this to say:
    "Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, and over these ideals they dispute, but they all worship money."
    I concur with your point of view. I respect your reasons. Yes, Mark Twain is a great man, indeed. Money is, without doubt, important for survival in this world. But to break through these world bondages, one has to think otherwise and obtain Moksha or Nirvana (samething).

Here is another quote by a famous monk for here:

"To love and to be loved is the greatest privilege of life," said our Master. Love is a very popular word. It is also a poorly understood and much misused word. True love is a spiritual awakening. It is found when the ego is lost.
    Last edited by kedar; Nov 11, 2005 at 11:51 AM.

Otaku twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723's Avatar
    Thanks

I would choose true love...It is good to always have somebody caring by your side...Besides I know love cannot pay for bills and such but thats what a job is for:P

I'm ♥mazing!

Otaku dnangel141 may be famous one day dnangel141 may be famous one day dnangel141's Avatar
    Thanks

love man,like sex nonstop,make ur wife as a hooker get all the money,its like gwetting both with 1 person loll, just kidding i wouLD have lovw cause i like the feeling some one loves you

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast