Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: love, is it real

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

love, is it real

is love real, or do we just lust for people, or is there nothing at all and just instinct. what do you think? do you beleive that you'll only ever have one ove in your life? at what age do we start to love?

i beleive that love is real, and i believe that you can love from the moment that you are born but you get confused between love and simple crushs that come from sexual attraction. i also believe that people have a lot of love in their hearts, so much that you can love more than one person.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Banned ??? may be famous one day ??? may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Love is chemical in the human brain. No such thing of magic.
    The process start at the age of 13.
    Last edited by ???; May 31, 2005 at 11:41 AM.

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    Love is chemical in the human brain. No such thing of magic.
    The process start at the age of 13.
    No offense, but you are one cold-hearted 11-year-old.

I'm relatively sure deaths means to ask about the basic "emotion" of love, NOT the straight-up, physical occurence.

Yeah, I had a little conversation about this once (it was a while ago), and I think that love IS real. Now, I don't mean to sound like a romantic or anything, but love is COMPLETELY different from lust.

It's possible to have more than one love IMHO.

You can love at any age !
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think love is real. =)

The major thing I don't agree with however, is some of the restrictions put on love. I understand some are there for personal safety (ie. a 12 year old and a 40 year old being together... s'kinda freaky. But I mean, if that 12 year old grows up and still love that 40 year old, 19 and 47 is still kinda freaky but.... to each their own. =/).

I may just be contradicting myself here, but I don't think kids (up to like... 17-21) are really mature enough to be "in love" as soooo many teenagers like to claim. Like, when you have 14 and 15 year olds claiming to be in love with their "boyfriend"... that's when bad things happen. Pregnancies, etc. I mean, emotions like that can cloud your judgment.

But really though, it's nice when you find love. It gives me a reason to wake up in the morning. And it can find you anytime, anywhere, between any two people. It bothers me when people say the love between two men or two women is not real. It can be just as real, if not more so, than a man and a woman. People relating love to reproduction is an old view... I can understand if you don't agree with it, but all out restricting it... =/

I've gone off on a tangent. Main point: love is real. =)
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    From the Greek.

Eros -- This is the word used for sensual or physical love. Eros was the Greek god of love.

Stergo -- This word means to feel affection, especially the affection between parents and children. It is also used of the affection of a people for their king or a dog for his master.

Philo -- This is the general word for love and affection. It is used for attraction of people to one another without regard for family relationships, such as philadelphia, the love of a friend or brother, It is frequently used in compound forms and, as such, may be used for attraction to inanimate objects -- philosophia -- the love of knowledge.

Agape (noun) and agapao (verb) -- Divine, unconditioned love.

Even if english only has one word for "Love" we have inherited a great deal from the Greek philosophy and idealism.

So which one are you asking about?

Personally I find that alot of people mix the different kinds up or don't realize there is more then one, maybe two.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think love is definately real, but it doesnt last forever or that long for that matter. I think you can fall in love many times, thats the spark of love at least. Now I do believe there are other types of love such as the love where you care greatly about another person and nothing can erase that, even the most terrible things they do. Love can be described in so many ways. There's friend love, family love, passionate love, etc....

Its all real. Just sometimes misguided and sabotaged, many times unintentionally. Love is weird. Its been a weird emotion for me, very confusing. I still dont understand it, I just know it when I feel it. Its a hard feeling to miss.

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Love is something special wither its love for your friends or love for the girl of your life, i tend to hide my affections and be colder or simple cool and laid back but deep down my loved ones do understand that its just my nature.

I love Stephy my beatiful girl-friend and we share allot of good times together, i made a great wallpaper and poem for her last night, in fact i think i will post it.Jan

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah, it's real alright. As real as death, taxes, and gonorrhea. XD

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast