Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Low seed/peer count with Azureus

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Low seed/peer count with Azureus

I'm having a heck of a time with Azureus lately. Here's the story.

I recently switched over to a wireless network, I have a D-Link DI-624 Router

I've set the router with the following settings:

IP: 192.168.0.3
    Port's forewarded: 6881-6889, 65535, 53000

I'm using Azureus 2.3.0.4 with a fixed IP of 192.168.0.1, which is the same as my computer, on port 6881.

My problem isn't so much as to my speed (although this does affect it) it pertains to the amount of seeds and peers I connect to.

I don't get any NAT errors, it says I'm fine on port 6881, got the green smile face. But I hardly connect to ANY peers. As of now, I am downloading a 170 MB file, it has 3974 seeds, and 7421 peers. At best, I've connected to 24 seeds and 17 peers. It's like this with every file, I get about 1-2% of the number of people who are available to share this file, as a result, I experience SEVERELY LOW download speeds, while happy go lucky people benefit greatly from my perfect upload speed for what little portion of the file I possess.

What can I do to make myself open to more peers and seeds? I remember I used to get hundreds, if not thousands of connections with files that were this popular before, how can I reclaim my former glory?

Any help is appreciated, just ask if you need any more info.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Low seed/peer count with Azureus

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    I don't get any NAT errors, it says I'm fine on port 6881, got the green smile face
    I realize this is your thread, Raven, but if I can, let me ask everyone about one of my problems as well, so I won't spam up the boards. I also use the same Azureus.

My problem seems to be that I have a NAT problem. My smiley face is ALWAYS yellow. Despite having DSL, I download torrents from 2 - 12 kb/s, while people that I know, who have the SAME DSL, and download the same torrents from 20 - 40 KB/s.

What the hell is up with my download speed, and how do I fix this NAT problem?

I also have a similar problem that RO has, which is I only connect to a few peers and seeds.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm... seems to be a fairly common problem. I had both problems when I had cable internet and would max out at about 5 kb/s. I just got sattelite dsl, and guess what. Same freakin problem only I can only connect to one or two if I'm lucky.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145
    I realize this is your thread, Raven, but if I can, let me ask everyone about one of my problems as well, so I won't spam up the boards. I also use the same Azureus.

My problem seems to be that I have a NAT problem. My smiley face is ALWAYS yellow. Despite having DSL, I download torrents from 2 - 12 kb/s, while people that I know, who have the SAME DSL, and download the same torrents from 20 - 40 KB/s.

What the hell is up with my download speed, and how do I fix this NAT problem?

I also have a similar problem that RO has, which is I only connect to a few peers and seeds.
    If you're having NAT problems you probably just need to forward port 6881 and set azureus to that port

http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

Find your router there, then find Azureus and then go to the link that shows you how to forward your ports, that SHOULD get rid of the NAT Error

Now back to my problem >.<!

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Check all your firewalls for port blocking if you get Nat errors or low connections. For instance, I checked my Zonealarm when I had that issue, but it turned out that when I installed SP2 for XP, I unknowingly turned on Windows Firewall. I didn't even see the initial effects because I use Mozilla software for web and email.

Check your router too. Some have hardware port blocking, just as someone already mentioned

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    If you're having NAT problems you probably just need to forward port 6881 and set azureus to that port

http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

Find your router there, then find Azureus and then go to the link that shows you how to forward your ports, that SHOULD get rid of the NAT Error

Now back to my problem >.<!
    Accomplished. However, the download speeds are still 2-12 kb/s.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

If you have a low seed/peer count with ANY Torrent, I'd say find a better seeded torrent of the files you want, because no ammount of router tweaking will increase your speed if no one's sharing the files

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67
    If you have a low seed/peer count with ANY Torrent, I'd say find a better seeded torrent of the files you want, because no ammount of router tweaking will increase your speed if no one's sharing the files
    Yeah but didn't Raven said the files had plenty of seeds? Is it all a coincidence that it suddenly doesn't work anymore?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast