Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Low seed/peer count with Azureus

Newbie obliteration may be famous one day obliteration may be famous one day obliteration's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Low seed/peer count with Azureus

I advise you turn off port forwarding for a bit and compare your download speeds. Whenever I have port forwarding turned on, my family experiences extremely slow download speeds, when it's off, everything is fine.

[ Romans 1:6: And you are included among those Gentiles who have been called to belong to Jesus Christ. ]

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Port forwarding off: Tried
    De-Militarized Zone (No firewall for one computer): Tried it

T_T I don't get it... It's not like my downloads are BAD, it's just that at the VERY MOST now, I can connect to around 80 total seeds/peers. And it's a real gamble with such a low number as to if I'll get anyone uploading at a nice speed, thus my downloads suffer.

I'm gonna try some other torrent programs and see if it's the same result, probably will, but gonna try anyway.

Edit: I just don't get it... I gave it a little more time with the port forwarding off and in the DMZ and suddenly it starts picking up loads more peers, like 700 right now. Well, whatever, problem solved, mucho thanks for the suggestion obliteration. I'll leave the thread open to to see if someone can't give silver or Zariff a hand now.

Newbie EchoOfRain may be famous one day EchoOfRain may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well, your speed DOES increase (or should) later on in the process. The beginning starts off slow since you have nothing to return (upload) but when you get around %20 or so, should start increasing

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

That's common sense, but I wouldn't go over 60 SEEDS/PEERS the ENTIRE TIME.

My problem was NOT about speed, but the AMOUNT of connections I was getting. Or lack thereof. If I was lucky, I could pick up full speed from the 40 seeds or so I would get, but it just wasn't reliable.

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks

there are many other things you should consider.

Your ISP may be blocking stuff up stream. This may range from blocking the port upstream, blocking the amount of connections you can make, your overall upload/download rates, etc.

The file itself. What kind of file is it? Some trackers block certain clients. Like...I eventually switched over to BitComet (from Azureus/ABC/G3/etc.) due to the amount of torrents that required this client.

Also, where is most of the fanbase of the file located? If they're mostly on the other side of the world....no matter how wide open your ports are, you'll be lucky to get a trickle of bandwidth.

IE: my friend was downloading a game patch from official servers of the game makers....the official server is in China, we're in Canada....her max speed was around 5kb/s, after forwarding the port to her, she got 10-15kb/s. She had all 3 highspeed seeds to herself too...(3/3 connected seeds, 0/0 peers) due to a broken link on the main site.

Also, if you're on wireless....good luck on getting high speeds. Don't hold your breath tho.

Are other people on your lan also using BT? If so, this is also gonna cut down on your connections. If it's forwarding to multiple ports (port triggering) from experience that's just going to do more harm then good. Your router will have a heck of a time trying to route the data.

Not knowing too much about your setup, i can't really say much....try tweeking other settings in Azureus...maybe it's some setting limiting the number of connections you're making.

Side question: how many trackers is it connecting to? Does the file only have one tracker?

Also, I wouldn't expect your client to connect to massive amounts of peers/seeds. A computer can and should only handle a healthy amount of connections. Your ISP does the same. I start kicking some IPs if i don't see any action on them...it opens up my connections for other people. Opening more connections, will only eventually make your computer less safe and slower. Next time try going down your list and kick IPs (ban them temporarily) if you're not happy with their connection... ie: sitting at 0kb up / 0 kb down for 1hour -_-" yet you're still connected to them.
    Last edited by angelan; Aug 29, 2005 at 12:38 PM.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2