Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: lowering the voting age

Newbie E-Yuki-chan04 may be famous one day E-Yuki-chan04 may be famous one day E-Yuki-chan04's Avatar
    in a vortex, beyond space and time, and all tht othr crap
    Thanks

Exclamation lowering the voting age

do you think we shuld , after all if 16-year-olds can live in this cruel world ,don't they get a chance to help it...............they have double standards of having adult responbibilities but not adult rightsi think we should.................your opinions please
    hmmmmmm...........wat new world.......
    hmmmmmm........... i see.....

dude where'z my car

tak
    Otaku tak may be famous one day tak may be famous one day
    Thanks
    well the idea sounds great, but when you are 16 you are still stupid it should be better if it stays as the way that it is.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Does that mean they get to lower the draft age to 16 as well?
    Considering that the reason the vote was lowered to 18 was because they felt it was unfair that you could serve in the military but not vote it seems to me it should work the other way around as well.

So are you volunteering?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually, this has been done in other countries... In Sweden, every male from the age of 16 to 70 MUST serve in the national defense organization. (with women, service is voluntary...)
    http://www.mil.se/article.php?id=7297

The thing is, lowering the voting age won't have a major impact in the national elections in the US, because historically, youth don't vote. It's a problem with the current generation, it was a problem with my generation, and no doubt it was a problem with my father's generation as well...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think 18 is fine, when I was 16 I could care less about voting, hell I'm 22 now and I could really care less still.

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Qu├ębec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    I don't think that lowering the voting age will really hepl society. The fact is wen people are young, They have more funny thing to do than listening to politician debate or lies.

The age of 18, is, for me, the best. at 18, people start living of their own and have a taste of the real world. at this point, almost all of then, (we can ignore execption) quit to think like mother or father and start creating their own way of thinking. But there again, we could debate over and over.
    Coming soon.........

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think 18 is good too, similar to Delerium, i'm almost 21 and i care very little about voting (something i'm not proud of, but....enh). Our university student federation has a low voting turnout let alone real political voting.

A lot of 16 year olds or even 18-20 year olds don't feel the responsibility of the need to vote. Most don't know enough of the facts. I'm not saying that this is always the case, but there's no point in lowering the voting age for the handfull of 16 year olds who care about politics.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    the voting age is fine and arrianna is right, are you willing to voluteer the 16 year olds still in there junior or sophmore year of highschool to go fight in a war. 18 is fine.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast