Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: lowering the voting age

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually, this has been done in other countries... In Sweden, every male from the age of 16 to 70 MUST serve in the national defense organization. (with women, service is voluntary...)
    http://www.mil.se/article.php?id=7297

The thing is, lowering the voting age won't have a major impact in the national elections in the US, because historically, youth don't vote. It's a problem with the current generation, it was a problem with my generation, and no doubt it was a problem with my father's generation as well...
    Thats a very good point....we teenaged people dont really pay much attention to politics...though some may as it may affect them more than the majority of us...we just seem not to care as much....

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks
    As always, Len is the master at shutting up dumb questions. I am 18, and I really don't think I am old enough to vote. I don't feel I have matured enough for that kind of choise just yet. The legal drinking age of 21 sounds fine to me, maybe by then I will have my thoughts sorted out, and what little teenage angst I have now will be gone forever. Oh well, who knows? One thing I do know is that when you are 16 you are not even close to being ready to make adult decisions.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks
    well i don't think it should be lowerd but at 15 i still care about what happens and when i get my vote i will use it. i know that the amount of young people who care about their vote is very low, but some of us care.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's good where it is.

We had an election here just before I turned 18. I wanted to vote this year, cuz I had been keeping up with the politics. It started with the US presidential election, and then caused me to spark interest in my own country's politics. Anyway, I asked my parents if they would vote for who I wanted to vote for, and they did for me. So, maybe if your parents are easy-going and not devout voters of one party, you can talk to them about it. Kind of a solution for the under-18s who actually care.
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I'll get to vote in '08 anyway, I don't care. I would't want 16 year olds to vote, most of them are idiots!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think that it isn't really a good Idea, while some 16 year olds do have the maturity to make choices like that, Most don't.

Otaku tekem may be famous one day tekem may be famous one day tekem's Avatar
    Thanks
    yea I dont know bout 16 year olds if they even voted at all,
    they would probably just vote for the one they think looks the best,
    or should I say the one who is doesn't look as bad as the other.

But yea I'm 22 and still dont vote, I wish I was interested in politics but
    what the hell that sh*t is boring, I got better things 2 do with my time.

TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Thanks
    Yeh well, when the number of people that votes increases let me know.
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast