Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: lowering the voting age

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    I wouldn't change a thing if you ask me.
    I'm way over the legal voting age and I have never voted. The more I see the world evolve, the more I think that democracy isn't the way to rule a nation. I'm not saying that dicdating a nation is the way to go as well....
    And besides, when I was 16, politics was the last thing that was on my mind, and I don't think that has changed with the times.

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: lowering the voting age

I agree with most of what i've been reading, I believe the voting age is fine right where it is (even though i would personally prefer it lower) i think it is best to leave the voting to people who are older and (should at least be) able to make better or more informed decisions. Most kids don't pay any attention. So, ya, keep it where it is.

TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Thanks

As much as I want it a year lower(cause im 17) I can wait. I observe every politican colsely anyways. I rarely find one I like. I never acept the status quo. Look into them, there are all liers.
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place

Newbie lapuk may be famous one day lapuk may be famous one day lapuk's Avatar
    Thanks

nope, it shouldn't be lowered. most 16yr old teens are a bit irresponsible anyway. we already have irresponsible adults, it'll just go worse..

--> you

Otaku Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru's Avatar
    Thanks

Conlcusion: Lowering the age is pointless becouse most 16/17yrolds dont vote nor have any interest to, not only that would they do the research and keep up with pollitics, considering most of this ages are still at school or starting college, I think they got enough to worry about at those ages.

Me personally dont vote becouse pollitions are deceptive, there carefull about the context in which there speechs are given, for example Tony blair said he would lower tax...and he did but what he didnt tell that he was going to raise National insurance (which is another form of tax).

hmmm...Gona start another thread about related topics

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks

I'm going to make this short and sweet.

Personally, I don't think you can actually grasp the complications of government and voting until you're 18. Even at 18 lots of people still don't know why they are voting for who they are voting for. There are alot of principles you have to take into consideration when you vote, and IMO 16 year olds just don't get it.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

When I was 18 I was one of the district representitives in my parties primary selection. Everyone I meet at the convention was excited that someone my age would be involved. (I was nominated for the position because so few people showed up to the district caucas that everyone who showed up was nominated for something.) The average age of the participants was probably 40 something. In the younger bracket was me and a kid 4 months younger then me. That was about it. I'm still involved but the average age hasn't really changed.

Keeping up on politics is hard, especially with all the mudslinging that occures. Teenagers have enough dirt to deal with. Why add to it? But I would love to see more youth/young adults involved all the same.

If your not involved you have no right to complain.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with Ken X, hell lets be honest, almost all of America has no idea what they are doing when they vote, most people don't take the time to research and think about what issues their political party believes.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast