Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ltr

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks

Ltr

Long term relationsips....

There seems to be a lot of single talk on AO, and I was just curious as for those who are in or have had a long term relationship.

anyone have any feedback on the pro/cons of their long term relationships? what do you guys do to keep it going?

so, LTRs...who's got one? say aye.

aye. it's tougher than dating, and easier to get married if you stay in one long enough. i almost got married twice. enough to know that no one likes getting hurt and that you get what you give. and i hate arguing.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I will have been married for 8 years this June. Sure we've dissagreed at times, any relationship where you never dissagree is either very new or someone is being dominated. The key to making it last however is to realize that this IS the most important thing in your life. Just because you are married doesn't mean you're "off the hook". You still need to do the things you did when you we're dating. Heck, you still need to date! Get out once a week, make time for each other! AND DON'T FORGET TO TALK! Nothing will destroy a relationship faster then apathy. And if you have stopped it's never to late to start. Start dating, start talking, start careing.

All that said, I wouldn't trade my husband and kids for anything. It's worth every bit of my time and effort and I am very lucky to have them.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Brilliant Brunette may be famous one day Brilliant Brunette may be famous one day Brilliant Brunette's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm "suppose" to get married, but I'm not going to hold my breathe over it, nor will I be hurt if I don't. Only been dating this guy for 7 months, which is a pretty long time for me. However, I'm only 18 years old, I have lots of time.

Even though we are suppose to get married, I doubt that we will. Because sometimes, I just wish he would go away, because I need my space, and he still doesn't understand. It takes a lot of work and compromise to keep me from breaking up with him at times. I think it would be a lot easier to date someone new.
    Last edited by Brilliant Brunette; Jan 03, 2005 at 11:45 AM.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Along term relationship.....Boy do I miss those.
    Seduced by Flesh

Newbie andiishere may be famous one day andiishere may be famous one day andiishere's Avatar
    Thanks
    single and have been for many years..... (i don't get out much!!) to be honest i'm not realy looking!! i have little interest in a relationship i spend far to much time drawing, playing games watching tv etc... But i do want a family in the future just gonna take it as it comes... one step at a time as they say.

Newbie devilstorturedjester may be famous one day devilstorturedjester may be famous one day devilstorturedjester's Avatar
    Thanks
    long term relattionships are awesome...as long as you're in them. i went out with this guy once and it was just really fun but we had our ups and downs and never really argued even at the end. they're great but they can really get you down at the end whether or not you want to.

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well the longest relationship I've ever been in was like 2 months, and it was just an off and on thing, haha. All my other relationships have been about a week or so, haha. Now that I'm actually looking for a long term relationship I can't seem to find anyone.

I must say that even though I haven't been in a long term relationship, that one of the hardest things atleast at first would probably be the feeling that you missing out on other things, but it goes away eventually if your with someone you truelly have feelings for. Once you've been in a relationship for a long time and it failed, you still are used to being in such a relationship so it's most likely not as bad as the first time.

But for somebody like me who's only been in short term relationships, then it's kind of nerve racking to be involved with someone who you can see being a long term and/ or hopefully a perminant thing.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Otaku Wonderlandless may be famous one day Wonderlandless may be famous one day Wonderlandless's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've only been in two relationships my whole life (I'm 20). My first was the longest, which lasted a year and two months. He helped me through the most difficult part of my life and I know for a fact if I hadn't met him, I would have killed myself. I was in a time where I was suffering from six months of severe depression that I just wanted to die. Well, I met him and my world completely righted itself. He's the biggest influence on my life (he even helped me come out to the world) and we were just...so perfect together. Naturally we had our fights like all couples do.

He meant everything to me. The reason I'm not with him was because he was killed three years ago. It impacted me so deeply I didn't start dating until just a few months ago. The guy I am seeing now I am in a serious relationship with, and its wonderful. He's patient and understands my trepidations about somethings.

Long term relationships are wonderful because you get into that comfortable groove and you know the familiarity and habits of that person.
    No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However,
    a great number of electrons were terribly
    inconvenienced

Love with its back turned My manga highschool love story.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast