Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: M theory\String theory

Newbie Kowa may be famous one day Kowa may be famous one day Kowa's Avatar
    Thanks

Question M theory\String theory

well I dont know much on this subject but i was hoping that you do.
    ----------------

well anyway, what I would like to know is do you think this theory is true and if so do you think it really dose bridge the gape between reletivety and
    Quantem machanics?
    -------------------------------------------
    ^_^
    "Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
    - Edward D, Morrison

You know the funny thing? People say I kinda look like Tenchi ^_^

Newbie Melanic may be famous one day Melanic may be famous one day Melanic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, from what I've heard of, it seems credible. It would be neat to have a single formula that can explain everything. Everything, which would include E&M as well as what you mentioned.

But I don't really see any use for it... doesn't seem like we are anywhere nearly advance enought to apply it.

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes, as i understand it the theory states that every aspect of the univers can be explained as the vibrations of a ten dimentinal ten centimeter diameter loop of string. and that there exists an equation that can define the entire eleven dimentional system (remember we cant count time as one of the ten dimentions because we have to measure vibrations against time and to do that time cannot be a dimension)

and to think i learned this (and later confirmed with scientific journals) reading MANGA!

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    I agree with you guys also. I think quantem machanics has been proven as a fact, not just a theory. It may seem a little strange though that all of it is going on at once. The demensions are just equations we have discovered (thank you dragonrider2004) and can be put to our use. Has anyone checked out the movie "What The Bleep Do We Know" ? I'm guessing this is where the question came from.... O_o ?? If you check that movie out, it should explain the whole basis and really proves there's a connection between reletivety and quantem machanics. Quite interesting concept, if not fact ^_^
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    The GUT (grand unified theory) will hopefully be attained in my lifetime. I really would like to see that day. String theory is a skillfull and carefully placed step in that direction, but there are still other steps to be learned in this great dance. Ironic that one of the "graceful dancers" in this grand ball (Dr. Stephen W. Hawking) can't even lift a feather off a table.

*salutes nuclear and astrophysicists*

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    *joins in salute*

Yes it is interesting and sad that one of the greatest minds of our time is nearly paralized and has to use a computer to talk. (witch btw is why if you use Microsoft Readers text to speach plugin it sounds almost exactly like stephen hawking, because it IS lol)

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    String Theory has many concepts. There are more than one theory. Some theory's have one to seven different kinds of strings, which in turn have each thier own dimention.

The way strings work is that in a particle's atom, there are quarks. Beyond those, there are strings. ( If earth were the size of the universe(120 billiion light years) a string would be the size of the head on a pin needle.

These strings bind objects of mass and creates a pull while vibrating which induces the forces of quantum mechanics.

This is how they connected the two differing aspects of these with string theory.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    exactly, but as you know, to explain quantum mechanics is completely and utterly crazy and most people wouldn't understand it, exactly and according to the theory, there are actually 11 different dimensions in this universe, each dimension is folded on top of each other like a blanket. It is a very fascinating field of study, if you can understand it.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast