Thread: Major coding help needed...

Newbie S3NTYN3L may be famous one day S3NTYN3L may be famous one day S3NTYN3L's Avatar
    Thanks

Major coding help needed...

I have this layout (open the link in IE) I made in PS for my site. I have sliced it (you'll see the ones they have been named if you right-click on them) and can get into the html file after I "save for web".

Trouble now is how to edit the html...

Every time I go to edit it and go to test it in my browser it contorts the layout bigtime...

I'm wanting to put links into the "navbox"(slice14) and have them load in the "content"(slice16) window on the right. The text in this "content" window should wrap automatically and have no limit on character number (vertically)...

I'm not sure what to do with the "upcontent1" & "upcontent2"(slices7&9) windows. (I'll figure it out later)...

The "flashbox"(slice19), I'm going to use as sort-of a affiliate scrollbar...

Slice 21 is going to have an image in it and link to my free host...

I know I'm going to have to do alot of customizing to the code but, could someone please help me out? I'm ok with editing html code but I'm still a noob when it comes to coding from scratch...

Thanx so much!!!
    Last edited by S3NTYN3L; Sep 24, 2005 at 08:16 AM.

Newbie FrozenAffairs may be famous one day FrozenAffairs may be famous one day FrozenAffairs's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Major coding help needed...

link gives 403 error fyi, (this messaage is too short to post so the writing in () is filler space)

Newbie S3NTYN3L may be famous one day S3NTYN3L may be famous one day S3NTYN3L's Avatar
    Thanks

I have no idea why the link won't work from within AO.

I can email it to you if you like...

If anyone else wants to help and needs the file, please, email me and I'll get it out to you...

EDIT:

Try opening the link in IE.

For some reason it won't work in FF. (I can get it to work but I think only b/c it's my site, who knows)...

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Just right click it, and then "save link as". It will save the zip folder where you want it (in any browser). You cannot view zipped contents on the web, you can only save them....

But even the saved version is either corrupt or incomplete. I saved it to my desktop, and it would not unzip.

Ahh, got it- three times' a charm...

Ill take a look

-----------------------------------------------------------

Jeez, sorry 'bout all the edits, but I don't want to double post.

After getting the Zip file to open enough to explore the contents, I realized two things: 1- there is no HTML file in the zip, and 2- there is an "unexpected end of archive" error on the whole folder. That pretty much means that I can read the names of the gif files and see their sizes, but cannot actually see the images or expand them.

Maybe someone else will have better luck viewing these files for you.
    Last edited by know1; Sep 26, 2005 at 12:06 PM.