Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: man kinds true nature?

Newbie teebow may be famous one day teebow may be famous one day
    Thanks

man kinds true nature?

ive just watched --Team America-- again and well the issue that was brought up was 'mand kinds true nature'
    ... which people could argue that its everyone for themselves, kill or be killed and so on and so forth.......
    but is it true, i mean if something bad happened to the world --i dont know what-- would we all stick together like you see in the movies all happy and we create a brand new happy society **cough**.. or would we be scattered totally torn apart and would use basic primative survival skills in order to ensure our own selfish lives.. its a weird thought i know, but what would happen?
    Destination is a State of Mind

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: man kinds true nature?

You're from Australia, you must have seen Mad Max 1-3.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    You're from Australia, you must have seen Mad Max 1-3.
    haha.

I think our (and every other living creature's) true nature is just simple survival.
    The basic instinct if you will...

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Ever read the book or seen the film "Lord of the Flies"? That work, along with many others predicts that in the absense of government, we would in a short time revert back to our primative instincts, and even children would become murderous. It's an eye opener really, and very much worth the time reading. I feel that is true human nature, but then again it is nature to animals too. Some say humans are the cruelest of all animals, and if we were to live in said conditions, we would soon find out.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Humans are animals with the ability to rationalize. If we are put in situations where rationalization doesn't work, we then rely on our animal instincts. Survival of the fittest.

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it all depends on the situation. Mankinds' true nature can be argued about forever, but we will never really have a true answer, because how we supposed to know for sure? Everyone is different and everyone would react differently to various situations due to what experiences they have had during their life and just plainly who they are.

I think if it was a universal threat, it is possible we would ban together, but if it was targeted at one area, there are many different possibilities.

I agree with frr_vegeta about the novel Lord of the Flies. They were pre-teen boys though...but they were placed to parallel the world at war.

Like I said, it all depends on what I listed above.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Humans are in fact the cruelest and most dangerous animals in existance. Case in point....we're the only species that put our own kind behind bars. What does that tell you about us?

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

------------
    Humans are in fact the cruelest and most dangerous animals in existance. Case in point....we're the only species that put our own kind behind bars. What does that tell you about us?
    ------------

When animals can build jails then perhaps they will...instead, they just kill them.

It depends on where you are. In some parts of the world great things happen and people pull together. Some take care of their neighbors and some sacrifice their lives helping others.

In other parts of the world it's the opposite. People do not help each other to survive and a more 'primiative' outlook is taken. Sometimes it happens in the same situation.

But to quote a peice of fiction like "Lord of the Flies" and call it the difinitive truth is a mistake. There are records of children that were marooned on islands during WWII and instead of seeing a Lord of the Flies situation, you saw a very structured socity where the children lived as little adults and fully helped each other through the situation.

Like I said, it all depends on where you are....look at the diffrence between NY at 9/11 and New Orlenes after Katrina. In one, you heard all the good...in the other you heard all the bad. But I'm sure that there was both.

The real question is...how would you act?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast