Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: man kinds true nature?

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Re: man kinds true nature?

It depends on the person.
    There is no clear line of demarcation that will tell you how the tide would turn.
    Soooo...
    I do know that I would try to do the right thing.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe there are two true natures of man;

1. The "natural" man = might makes right, survival of the fitest.
    2. The "spiritual" man = help your neigbor, love everyone.

and everyone can choose which to follow. An inner fight between two opposites. That is why disasters bring out both the best and worst in people depending on which people have chosen which side.

I think therefore I am? How about, I think therefore I can choose what I will be.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    I believe there are two true natures of man;

1. The "natural" man = might makes right, survival of the fitest.
    2. The "spiritual" man = help your neigbor, love everyone.

and everyone can choose which to follow. An inner fight between two opposites. That is why disasters bring out both the best and worst in people depending on which people have chosen which side.

I think therefore I am? How about, I think therefore I can choose what I will be.
    Very true. but you for got a few people:
    3. The "agnostic" man = Im not sure if I'm the fitest, do I even have a neighbor?
    4. The "atheist" man = There is no survival, I have no neighbors.
    Just kiddin ya'll. No throwing tomatos!

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    Very true. but you for got a few people:
    3. The "agnostic" man = Im not sure if I'm the fitest, do I even have a neighbor?
    4. The "atheist" man = There is no survival, I have no neighbors.
    Just kiddin ya'll. No throwing tomatos!
    Thanks! I needed a good laugh this morning!

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie teebow may be famous one day teebow may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    You're from Australia, you must have seen Mad Max 1-3.

i heard about it, not seen it though.

Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta
    Ever read the book or seen the film "Lord of the Flies"? That work, along with many others predicts that in the absense of government, we would in a short time revert back to our primative instincts, and even children would become murderous. It's an eye opener really, and very much worth the time reading. I feel that is true human nature, but then again it is nature to animals too. Some say humans are the cruelest of all animals, and if we were to live in said conditions, we would soon find out.
    thats true, but was it the absence of government? i mean they tried to live in a democracy but that failed because one person got sick of it and decided to be leader, so they had a fair system of government but it failed.

There are still murders in normal society today...... what does that tell you? it seems to me that government only has some power over the way we act.... i think it seems more to what you think is right or wrong based on the way you judge it, for example: if you think that society is correct, then you wouldnt steal or murder because its wrong
    but if you believed that survival is correct then you would because you think its alright.... ... i hope that came out right
    Destination is a State of Mind

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe the true nature of man is to understand the world around him, it the whole experience of life that is the reason for our existance, I also believe that we as humans are disgusting and vile creatures as well, we are our own worst enemy. I believe the real struggle is not with each other or our surroundings, but with our own minds, the conflict between good and evil is inside ourselves and which side we choose dictates what we do, if you wanna know the true nature of humans, just look at the Katrina disaster once the police went away, and the government was slow to respond, the whole disaster showed the true nature of humans.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie Kenerve may be famous one day Kenerve may be famous one day Kenerve's Avatar
    Thanks

It is all about ideology..the ideology that the true nature of man is hidden and cloacked..but really, we see it everytime..everyday. News, school, friends and even games, like KnightofNi said, we are our worst enemies..that is our true nature

Newbie Felnor may be famous one day Felnor may be famous one day Felnor's Avatar
    Thanks

Mankinds true nature? Bit of generalisation isnt it? We're now assuming everyone's exactly the same then?

Human nature can total vary depending on the person and circumstances.

Some people assume its violence and destruction. What about all the people who just get on with their everyday lives and have no yerning for either? You know, the several millions of them. The amount of people who want to cause violence is a very small percentage of the worlds population, when you put it into scale.

The novel "Lord of the Files" was mentioned by someone earlier as an example. Its a work of fiction without any conclusive evidence to back it up. That is, in fact, why its called fiction. Humans are called social creatures for a reason and in that sort of situation would most likely try to work out a solution for everyone. The idea we'd go back to being cavemen is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Humans have evolved far beyond that. We're now educated. Cavemen, whilst very clever at the time, are now unbelieveably stupid by todays standards.

In my view, humans have no exact "nature" but adapt their approch depending on whats happening. To say we all have one same goal and instinct is pretty blind. Everyone's different and have different natures and will react differently to a situation.
    "Walk On, Walk On, With Hope In Your Heart And You'll Never Walk Alone"

http://jadeli.proboards58.com/ - Join if you got nothing better to do!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2