Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Shot in Miami Airport

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Man Shot in Miami Airport

To those of you with access to TVs, turn them to MSNBC. Apparently a man was shot by U.S. Marshalls on a plane in Miami for threatening to have a bomb and running towards the pilot's cabin, according to sources on the scene. There are also people saying that the man was bipolar and not on his medication.

Will update as info is made available.

Any thoughts on what could have happened?

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Man Shot in Miami Airport

It sucks...no cable TV. If it isn't much trouble, Eriadd-garu, can you provide me with a link from which I can read a little more about it?

I appreciate it. But, that does sound like a major.....thing.

Thanks

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10367598/

Here's a news link, MSNBC's website has fast response, this happened only an hour or two ago.

EDIT: As they keep on repeating in the news, ever since the Federal Air Marshal program was adapted to deal with plane bomb threats (shortly after 9/11), the air marshals are supposed to shoot anyone who says they have explosives on a plane. This is the first fatality since 9/11 that has been related to an airplane bomb threat.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you...I read through it. So, he didn't have a bomb in his bag...and he has bipolor disorder. I am sorry for him, but U.S. Marshals had no other choice...since he was trying to pull out something from his bag. They had no way of knowing it...but still very sad. His wife should have acted early or something to prevent this event from taking place. Others safety is crucial at that time, I guess. Not sure if they made a hasty decision.....

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Whew....what a story eh!
    Poor guy...But like Kedar said...the marshals had no choice....What would you do in a situation as such?

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Thanks

Exactly, they are told to shoot first, for the sake of passengers on the plane.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Exactly, they are told to shoot first, for the sake of passengers on the plane.
    Sounds like a good idea to me.

Wow, this is poping up on all my forums.

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Precisally......But him dying is sad tho...he was Bipolar....which makes it even More sad..........

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast