Thread: Manga style

Newbie Cudwieser may be famous one day Cudwieser may be famous one day
    Thanks

Question Manga style

Having searched the local store for manga art manuals I noticed a number of different styles and techniques. I would like to know:

what these techniques are
    which technique(s) are the most common
    which are the best any why

Also, are there any notable texts and manuals that would prove useful to wanna-be artists (state titles, where they can be bought and a brief description of the contents).

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Manga style

Well, I don't normally use any "technique" when I draw... I just do it! LoL I do know that one thing a manga artist should not be without is Copic Markers... These particular markers give your image a clean, smooth solid color! No streaky lines, like with other markers...(I can't afford Copic Markers ) So I don't know actual manga drawing techniques.. However...
    Here's some books you might like! I hope you find what you are looking for!

1. Manga Mania by Christopher Hart --> This book offers short lesson on manga genres, and how to draw them. Most of it you might already know. There is a great section on panel layout and perspective. The art is average, if not down right crappy LoL but it's a good resource.

2. How To Draw Manga by Graphic-sha Publishing--> These are the ultimate guides to drawing manga and anime. There are over 33 titles in the series, and each deals with a specific topic and/or technique. The books go in-depth, to give to a complete and detailed run-down of how to draw manga. These I highly reccomend... However, they are a little pricy... But it's a good investment!
    I don't have a website for this, but try Google! I'm sure you will find them!

Good luck, and happy drawing!

Newbie Cudwieser may be famous one day Cudwieser may be famous one day
    Thanks

Thank you. I have seen the 'How to draw manga' manuals and they are pricey (associated site: www.howtodrawmanga.com), but this raises a good question. Even on an amature, 'on/off' level (I have a lot of physics work to do over the next three years) what should one expect to pay on equipment and basics manuals (for reference) in order to get started. Also are there any further recommendations on top of those mentioned?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

This is a drawing topic... Moving to Graphics/Wallpaper/Web Design forum...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku