Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: manga suggestions for a newbie?

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Akira is always good, both the manga and the anime. Lots of conspiracy elements there. You might also like Blue Sub #6 anime, it very science fiction-y and they did show it in toonami a while back. It's also a short series, so even if you don't like it, you wont waste a lot of time on it.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Love hina...
    Or bleach
    These would be 2 good things to start off on. *becoming a anime fanatic*
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Urk....i dont know what kind of anime you would like if u dont like inu yasha...man...kinda hard to figure something fer ya....hmmm...maybe Ghost in the Shell?

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo45
    Urk....i dont know what kind of anime you would like if u dont like inu yasha...man...kinda hard to figure something fer ya....hmmm...maybe Ghost in the Shell?
    Ah yes, GitS. That's got some good conspiracy stuff, and lost of SciFi action. I've only seen the original movie, not the new one or the series, so I can't comment on those, but the original is a must-see.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Newbie Megamatt311 may be famous one day Megamatt311 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I've looked up the titles mentioned, and Akira and Ghost in the Shell look the most interesting to me, so maybe I'll check those out. More suggestions are welcome!

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I ain't seen Blue Gender so I don't really know what it's about..... but if it's the surreal realism... you could call it... unreal things happening in real places, that you like here's some sugguestions.

I'd sugguest 'Ghost in the Shell'. The movie and the series 'Stand Alone Complex'. One of the staples for any anime fan, the Ghost in the Shell movie was one of the first ever anime I saw... if not the first, it appeals to pretty much everyone cause I'm a rabid fangirl and I still like watching GITS.

'Last Exile' I think you might like too....even through it's set on a alternative imaginary world... it's very very realistic and it's got a great story and great characters. The animation is just plain beautiful too.

You could give 'Rahxephon' a go too. It's a bit confussing and hard to understand in places, but it's got an interesting story and good 3D characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sib
    Blue Gender was pretty good, and the only other series I can think of right now that's like that is Neon Genesis Evangelion... but it it pretty hard to keep up with it sometimes, and I would only reccomend it to a genius or somebody who has watched alot of anime.
    True true, Evangelion probably isn't the greatest anime to start with for most people (expect for me of course, it was the one of the first anime I saw ), as it is very involved and kind of confussing... but alternatively the manga version of Evangelion is alot easier to understand as it's very different to the anime in many areas.

Afraid I can't really help you much in the way of manga sugguestions, because most if not all of what I've read is shoujo, shounen ai or really really angsty.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku Lenne may be famous one day Lenne may be famous one day Lenne's Avatar
    Thanks
    FMA, Hikaru no Go, Naruto, Death note....

Newbie Megamatt311 may be famous one day Megamatt311 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Ok now I have another question. You see, I started this topic asking just for manga suggestions because it is easy for me to drive over to a book store and buy some. But now I'm interested in some of the anime suggestions I've been given. So what is the best way for me to watch it without buying a buch of expensive DVD box sets? I dont think many of these shows are on regular cable...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast