Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: manga suggestions for a newbie?

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamatt311
    Ok now I have another question. You see, I started this topic asking just for manga suggestions because it is easy for me to drive over to a book store and buy some. But now I'm interested in some of the anime suggestions I've been given. So what is the best way for me to watch it without buying a buch of expensive DVD box sets? I dont think many of these shows are on regular cable...
    That's going to be a lot tougher. Where do you live? Because certain cities get the Anime Network, which shows A LOT of anime (check out their website--theanimenetwork.com) If you live in one of the cities that gets this, and you have cable or satellite, then all you have to do is call to add it to your programming. It might cost extra, but when you see all the shows they offer, it's worth it. You can also try renting, but not a lot of places have a great selection.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Newbie jaiden may be famous one day jaiden may be famous one day jaiden's Avatar
    Thanks
    i live in the uk and do the horrind thing of download it (sorry..but its only till i can actually buy the dvds....) as it dont get on tv much..may be 2eps a week on sci-fi channel (used to be around 2am ish) which i dont get in my uni place.
    its also a gd way to test out a series..download the first ep then if you like it...get the dvd's...

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah, definetly try to stay away from downloading :Thumbd: . i know that it's convienent for a lot of people, but if it continues, I think that a lot of studios will stop bringing so much anime over here, because it won't be worth importing a series if they can't make any money bacause everyone will download it illegally.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    ok here's the deal. I know very little about anime and manga in general. the only anime I ever enjoyed was Blue Gender when it was on adult swim. besides that, I have seen Dragonball Z and Inuyasha, but didn't like either of them. I guess I like BG because it was a little more realistic and it reminded me a little of Resident Evil (I'm a big RE fan). so based on this, does anyone have any manga recommendations for me? I would like to read some and learn a little more about it.
    Haha, yes! A noob that doesn't like Inu Yasha or DBZ! Lemme just take this in... -breathes- Ahhh... I live for moments like this...

Anyways, manga recommendations? Well, as a starter, I'd go read Love Hina and Chobits. See which one you like.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    hmm....might wanan give these a shot..
    X tv
    Ghost in the Shell (movie then watch the series)
    Trigun
    Cowboy Bebop
    Naruto
    Witch Hunter Robin.

Hope this list is of some use 2 ya

Otaku Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle's Avatar
    Thanks
    You might like Trigun, Gundam(If you like mechs), GTO, and Chobits lol.

Newbie Megamatt311 may be famous one day Megamatt311 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I don't think subscribing to the Anime network will be an option for me, so I guess I'll mostly stay with the manga. So I bought the first volumes of Akira and Love Hina based on suggestions. Akira seems awesome from what I've read, and I thought Love Hina was OK, but none of the characters were too interesting.

Thanks
    I don't think subscribing to the Anime network will be an option for me, so I guess I'll mostly stay with the manga. So I bought the first volumes of Akira and Love Hina based on suggestions. Akira seems awesome from what I've read, and I thought Love Hina was OK, but none of the characters were too interesting.
    Well, reading is better for you anyway . So I'll suggest the Trigun manga, and if you like it, then you can invest in the DVD; Pioneer has them on their Signature Series, so each dvd is only 17 or 18 dollars..that's way better than when I bought them for 26 bucks each!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast