Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which manga... and where?

Newbie Humanoid typhoon may be famous one day Humanoid typhoon may be famous one day Humanoid typhoon's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Which manga... and where?

I want to start collecting and reading manga, but there are so many to choose from! Where should I start? And where can I get them? Are there places that sell lots of manga near me (I live in Northern Illinois)?
    I like sci-fi, Fantasy, and comedy.
    Anime that I like are Rouroni-Kenshin, the Gundam series, Blue Gender, FLCL, Inuyasha, Trigun, Ghost in the Shell, Coyboy Bebop, Uh... I'm sure there are more but I can't think of the names right now.

Please help.
    One ring to rule them all,
    One ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all,
    And in the darkness bind them

Newbie DarkKnight may be famous one day DarkKnight may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Which manga... and where?

I just got hook on that too... son far what I've read is the Gundam Seed Astrays and they were very good... complete the gaps from the anime... FMP which is very similar to the anime so far... and something call PHD on Phantasy which it's very funny... but sure there are some manga otakus here to guide you....

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I like all of the animes that you listed, especially Rurouni Kenshin. As for the suggestions, for manga, I would suggest Bleach, and Naruto. Both of them are super cool. Believe me. I am not sure where you can find them at your place, sorry. But, definitely try these.

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Which manga... and where?

sorry...i can't really suggest any titles of meanga to read 'cause i don't read manga...i watch the anime, but if u can find any manga shops around ur area here's a site u can buy manga online for cheap prices... http://www.hillcity-comics.com/ hope this helps...

Newbie Humanoid typhoon may be famous one day Humanoid typhoon may be famous one day Humanoid typhoon's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Which manga... and where?

This place is okay, thax, but I need a site that I ncan pay with a money order.
    I am not old enough for a credit card, so that's out.
    One ring to find them,

Newbie Red X may be famous one day Red X may be famous one day Red X's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, for comedy I got three for you. Azumanga Daioh (a great manga comedy about the misadventures of some school girls), Yotsuba&! (the most cuuutest thing), and um... crap I had another one in mind but I forgot what it was. I THINK it was Sgt. Frog. But I can be wrong lol. Then again, there's also Genshiken.

I'm not much into scifi really, I leave all the scifi stuff to star wars. As for Fantasy, I'm not quite sure if it's fantasy or not but I highly recommend you getting Death Note. Great storyline!

Um. All at your local borders stores ^-^

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I strongly recomend Ai Yori Aoshi and Azumanga Diaoh, The first is one of the best stories I've read in a long time, and I can't wait till Volume 11 comes out this December, and the Second is one of the funniest in my books and the ending was very well done and heart warming.

TokyoPop is actually doing a decent job with Ai Yori Aoshi, concidering the hack jobs they did with Love Hina and Chobits (Whats the deal with changing Sumomo's name to "Plumb"???), and while I'll never buy an ADV manga again (Except Full Metal Panic!, I already have the first 2 volumes, and I'm going to finish the collection), Azumanga Diaoh was good, the story/plot changes to Americanize it not withstanding.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Red X
    ...I had another one in mind but I forgot what it was. I THINK it was Sgt. Frog. But I can be wrong lol.
    Yeah, my stepbrother reads that one, It's sweet!
    One ring to find them,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast