Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts?

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Re: Martial Arts?

Quote Originally Posted by sp00g
    umm sparring with real swords? O.o
    We used bokken first, you know, the practice swords made from various woods. After a couple of years we would use real swords, and we didn't try to cut each other sparring, by then we were good enough to block every strike and stop before hitting someone.
    I think it's cool, all of the people that are taking martial arts, shows we have something in common.

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks

I have practised judo for 6 years, and hate the fact I had to put it on standby due to university timetables. Oh well I'll see how it comes out next year.

I've practised Tai Chi (had to stop due to timetable as well) and Kung Fu (which I stopped, finding it too aggressive for my taste).

However I do enjoy a good Jackie Chan movie

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

i tale isshin ryu (open hand style) karate, i've been doing it for about 2 years and i am a brown belt
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Newbie amjl81 may be famous one day amjl81 may be famous one day amjl81's Avatar
    *Looks around* Someplace on earth that I loathe.
    Thanks

I've been in both Karate and Kenpo. I would really like to start both of them again and get a black belt, I also want to take Tai Chi, Kung Fu, Judo, I want to take them all, so then I can mix and match them to my ability. And learn how to use a bokken and a real sword in the fighting.
    The only reason I got out of karate was because it was conflicting with my school, since it ended up being on Wednesday night, and that was back when I was ten, now I'm eighteen. The reason I stopped Kenpo was because of school. It was a class I could take at school. I took it for two semesters and had to stop because in my free classes they didn't offer Kenpo for second year. And then I graduated. *Sniff*

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Thanks

lol something like that happened to me before. I think it was like 6th grade, and one of my teachers was teaching aikido after school. I was pretty happy, and I didn't have to pay for it. We had all of the supplies we need and everything. And the the teach bailed on us to teach at a different school

Otaku MuMu Champion Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart's Avatar
    Thanks

There's nothing like the martial arts. I used the martial arts of many styles to help me get over a real problem I have with my nervous system. It's a condition that effects the movement of my body, causing insane tremors, similarly found in Altimers. (I hope I spelled that right.) I used many wild arts to strengthen my legs to the point that I can use only my legs to perform many talents. In the process, I even learned how to harness the arts to help me dance, since I use a lot of moving and jumping similar to capoiera. Mind you, I have no real talent in any forms I use. They were just a way to get me through my diability. It's all that keeps me working, playing, and living life to it's fullest. It also helped me to get my strong heart, and spirit. Without the art... I'd not be K' Heart.

Far be it for me to be anything special, when the only special thing I desire with me, is the special person I share my gifts with.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i was considering taking Capoeira or learning Panther style Kung-Fu but those two aren't exactly the easiest to find, so in the meantime my search continues....

Thanks

yeah, turned out there was a place that taught Capoiera only a coupla blocks from my friend's house, so I was stoked lol.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast