Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts, anyone.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Martial Arts, anyone.

Cool Geijetsuka-garu. Studying in a dojo is really something. We used to practice near a temple or in gurukul (similar to a dojo).

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Martial Arts, anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Nice to hear from you guys. Excellent, Spike'sRose-garu (garu has the same meaning as -chan (Japanese) in my language, It means respected or honored). Jeet kune do seems to be a really cool martial art. And yes, meditation and contemplation are crucial in martial arts training. Back home, in Madurai, we used to perform yoga, asanas, and meditation outside the temple (It was called a warrior temple because back then when there was Caste system in India, the warrior caste used to train here). It is a very ancient temple. That is why, Madurai is called the temple town (there are lots of temples and shrines).
    Thank you! I wish there were temples and shrines in my area... But, I've found some places outdoors around my house that are peaceful enough for me to focus... Yes, Jeet kune do is very deep... There's a lot of philosophy behind it (being that it was a method developed by Bruce Lee) I enjoy it! It sounds like you have a lot of great training, as well!

Newbie Malice may be famous one day Malice may be famous one day Malice's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm just your plain, ol' WTF style Taekwondo student. I focus more on the competition aspect of taekwondo, but lately, I've been shying away from that side. I practice some hapkido, which is taught at the same dojang, and I'm slowly getting more serious with it - joint locks and break falls are cool. I'm currently debating whether I should start learning a punching art or boxing just to complement the other two.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for posting your reponses, Spike'sRose-garu and Malice-garu . No problem Spike'sRose-garu , you are one of those kind people, who take time to respond to other people's question (and also you Malice-garu). Yes, I did have loads of fun practicing the Swarga Chakra martial arts with my best friends in Madurai: Ruru, Kuru (they were twin brothers), sloka and Haruki (he is Japanese BTW). It is always nice to practice yoga, meditation and martial arts in a peace location. We used to practice either outside the temple or in Gurukul (similar to Dojo).

Newbie Dark Phoenix may be famous one day Dark Phoenix may be famous one day Dark Phoenix's Avatar
    Thanks

I take Kickboxing, and Kendo. Nothing more nothing less.

I have previous experience of Karate from it's true roots, I've taken lesson in Japan and I"ve done Russian Martial Arts
    "I'm the best at what I do...."

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Martial Arts, anyone.

Excellent Dark Phoenix-garu. Kick-boxing is amazingly cool. In Madurai, there were annual kick-boxing tournaments on a huge square wooden plank floating on water with four wooden pillers at each corner (kind of similar to one of the arenas in soul caliber 3 with plenty of surround temples and shrines). It is truly an amazing site.

Newbie BoundlessWings may be famous one day BoundlessWings may be famous one day
    Thanks

I practice many forms of Kenjutsu and Kendo, Kobudo, Wushu, Five style fist Kung Fu, Gojuryu Karate and a lot of others.
    I'm the fallen and the lost's way of escape.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Back in the 5th Grade I took 1 day of Capoeira, if that counts for anything. Damn class got cancelled during the second week.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast