Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts, anyone.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Martial Arts, anyone.

Yes, I did watch the cowboy behop movie, and some of the moves are super cool.
    Last edited by kedar; Sep 10, 2005 at 04:40 PM.

Otaku Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop's Avatar
    Thanks

I took Kyokushin for a year or so before I decided that it was bogus to pay for classes.
    Mas Oyama was an amazing man, I have nothing but respect for the work he did (and the fact he knocked out a full grown bull with two goddamn punches, HOLY SHIT!).
    Terrible that he's dead and most of the Kyokushin groups splintered off into different styles.

I really do like it though. It has a nice mix of several styles while staying away from too much fancy footwork or strange hand positions. It was built for protection and disarmament. It certainly aint the most pretty martial arts style to watch for sure, some would say boring, but I love it. Though, sadly, I've fallen out of the habbit of practice as of late.

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

that's not wat I mean Kedar, I mean If u have the movie for DVD and see the special features ull find out how spike got his character.

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Martial Arts, anyone.

It is truly fun to hang around and practice with your friend, especially martial arts, don't you think? I miss my best friends from Madurai. Has anyone heard of Urumi? I will try to find video clips of Swarga Chakra martial arts, especially though fights with double Urumi(s) (it is traditional Indian sword that is very long and flexible that one can wear around their waist). My Guru had mastered the double urumi (also called spring blades) after training for 5 long years. It is truly amazing watching him swing those long blades, did I mention he is 65 years old. For those who practice Swarga Chakra, Urumi is the final weapon that each student will try to master. First come the easy weapons like a staff and a wooden sword. The Guru from whom I learnt Swarga Chakra martial arts in Madurai was 65 years old, but he was strong both in mind, body, and spirit. Indeed, it is amazing to see what martial arts is capable of.
    Last edited by kedar; Sep 10, 2005 at 12:55 PM.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spike spiegel
    I train Jeet kun do every monday and tuesday,I have bruce lee's book to study from and
    my back and neck are sore all over.
    Yay! I have to train Jeet kune do at least two hours every day... But that's because I have to be prepared for class. I also use Bruce Lee's book to help me - and inspire me! One hour is devoted to the physical, the other hour devoted to mind and soul... And I hear you - my back is killing me too...

Well... I had training yesterday evening... OUCH... My face kinda hurts... I got hit a few times... LoL... My master brought in some new sparing partners for me... They are really fun to spar with! Both are quite skillful in the art of Kenpo Karate! I have a few new bruises, and a little black around one eye.. But it's so worth it.

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

i take tae kwon do... i'm not very good at it thought ^^;;
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Thanks

Don't belittle yourself, mahiru-garu . Just work at it and someday you will become a professional at tae kwon do ; it just requires a lot of practice. Sorry to hear that you got hurt in training, Spike'sRose-garu, I got hundreds of bruises when I was training with two of my master's best aprenticees. I was learning how to fight with a staff, oh my god, they were super fast. Sometimes I couldn't even see their staff moves towards me. But I guess: no pain, no gain .

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

It's okay kedar-garu! I've had worse in training LoL... My nose has been broken at LEAST 3 times... And one instance was... Um... kind of dumb on my part... Here's the silly story:

I was doing REALLY well in training one session. No one could keep up with me that day - I was pumped and focused... And I didn't get hit, either. When the session had ended, everyone bowed and congratulated each other for a good training. I was walking off the mat to grab my bag and keys and such... I tripped over my own feet... Fell with a thud... Face first... And broke my own nose...Fortunately for me, my master came to the rescue and re-set it. My face was black and blue and purple for a few weeks... It was a little ironic... And stupid... But I guess stuff happens LoL

No pain no gain indeed!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast