Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Thread: Are martial arts more harmful or helpful?

Newbie cowboy rin may be famous one day cowboy rin may be famous one day
    Thanks
    martial arts are used so someone less physically gifted can match a bigger stronger opponent. The Traditional Martial Arts like Kung-fu and Karate most have a philosophy surrounding them and are not practical in fighting. Combat Martial Arts like Muay Thai, Boxing, and Wrestling are having proven their effectiveness. Its helpful to know combat martial arts because you'll have confidence in knowing the other person probably doesn't know it and you can school him if need be. It would also be bad if it goes very main stream and some punks know it and just start fighting. Not much you can do about that. Likely if the instructor sees him behaving badly it'll be the end of that

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks
    unfortunately i have a freind who is a bit of a d*ck as he uses martial arts all the time and doesn't see the philosophy behind it. i have had a little martial arts training but not much though i have seen that it does help with disapline and is undoubtedly more helpful then harmful.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7