Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Matchmaking

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Matchmaking

What do you think of matchmaking? This came up recently when a group of my friends and I were talking. Someone we know is within a culture where a matchmaker has already set her up with a man and they have only met once. However, she hasn't a problem with the fact that when she turns 21 (I think that's the age she said) she'll be married to him.

So what do you think of the concept of a matchmaker? What would you do if you were in that situation? If it wasn't a traditional matchmaker and you could choose, who would you pick to choose your future partner in life?

Me...I would trust my mother, but only so far .^_^.

Otaku Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Matchmaking

I shudder at the thought.

My LiveJournal --- Tierra de los Meurtos

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

I shudder as well. Maybe its because I dont trust it, I dont know, but I'd rather not get involved in that kind of thing, I'd rather meet someone the old fashion way, by going up to them asking them if they wanna do something sometime and then doing somethign sometime.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Can I sing you all a song? Too bad I'll sing it anyway!

*clears throught* Matchmaker, matchmaker, find me a match! Catch me a catch! Matchmaker, matchmaker...
    you've seen fidler on the roof!

Anyway I think Match making is rediculous

Just Trying To Live Life War on Terror Champion name one may be famous one day name one may be famous one day name one's Avatar
    Thanks

well, maybe because, maybe the person has a sercet of mruder or doing something bad in the past time. so you never know the person will do something bad

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a firm believer that marriage should be for love, and love alone. I won't go as far as to call matchmaking stupid, since there is logic behind it (and not to mention centuries of history).

Besides, I'm sure there are plenty of lonely people out there who would love a matchmaker.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

I have no problem with matchmaking as long as a) they get a chance to meet first and b) they get to say no if they can't stand them.

Fact is, arranged marriages (as opposed to forced marriages ie. those without the above stipulations) have a higher sucess rate then non-arranged marrieges. The difference? The level of commitment involved.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie GuardianAngel1292 may be famous one day GuardianAngel1292 may be famous one day GuardianAngel1292's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face Re: Matchmaking

I think it's stupid....because dating is one of the best parts of life to me so why should someone force you to marry and you will miss all the fun and experiences you gain. ..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast