Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Matchmaking

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Re: Matchmaking

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel1292
    I think it's stupid....because dating is one of the best parts of life to me so why should someone force you to marry and you will miss all the fun and experiences you gain. ..
    lol, so what you're saying is that it's better to fool around with a bunch of people rather than settle down with one person? I'd agree with that now, but I know that its a stupid idea lol. And I'm pretty sure that there is a very low divorce rate in arranged marriages...

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Metsuki Anba
    lol, so what you're saying is that it's better to fool around with a bunch of people rather than settle down with one person? I'd agree with that now, but I know that its a stupid idea lol. And I'm pretty sure that there is a very low divorce rate in arranged marriages...

Well... that's the way it works in college, isn't it? All the way up until that accidental marriage. Not that i would no, I've only been with one person and screwed it up.

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

matchmaking is insane.... taking two people together who have never met each other before and making the marry is ridiculous.... maybe a long time ago that was fine but now society has changed.... i do not approve of matchmaking, i think when two people become mature adults they love each other and they will make a good decision of whether to get married or not, your parents shouldn't pick for you. you will be spending the rest of your life ::god forbid:: with the person not your parents and not that silly matchmaker

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I'd hate for it to happen to me, so I guess I'm against it. I just couldnt see myself ever marrying someone I dont love no matter how much people try to force me. Now if its a match and the two people care alot about each other then thats a different story, but I guarantee you most of the time thats not exactly the case.

Newbie GuardianAngel1292 may be famous one day GuardianAngel1292 may be famous one day GuardianAngel1292's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Metsuki Anba
    NO thats not what I'm saying...I'm saying that it would be better and get out there and date before you get married that way you can get to know the person better before you take that big jump into marriage...also sometimes bad realtionships lead to friendships...lol

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

No good comes from matchmaking. I say just wait until it happens. And if it doesn't then it wasn't meant to be. And besides when you hook up to people you become their 3rd wheel which means they need you to get along. Which sucks.

Newbie Tazmaa may be famous one day Tazmaa may be famous one day
    Thanks

I don't really have a very strong opinion on this topic, I have arguements for both sides. Personally I wouldn't agree to be matched for marriage, but if it was arranged from before I even started to date I might think differently of it.

Seeing all the love-failures in life has completely discouraged me in this thing we call 'love'. So if love has a 4-year span (or whatever the average is before people divorce) when you choose your own mate, they why not arrange us? They make a proffession out of breeding dogs to keep the breed perfect. Why not humans? Of course, most arranged marriages (well, even non-arranged) are expected to have kids, and thats one thing no one could ever force me to do. I have nor the patience or the love of children to brave embarking on that journey myself.

(can you beleive with such a terrible outlook on love, I am actually happily married? ^_^ I just find it super depressing how many people get divorced these days, and wonder if its bound to happen to everyone sooner or later. And of course I fear it more then anything.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2