Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Maybe Not The Contry

Newbie Alicia_Aaron may be famous one day Alicia_Aaron may be famous one day Alicia_Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Maybe Not The Contry

So maybe its not all the country's fault...
    I mean I just dont like the way our nation (america) is falling apart so rapidly.....
    I have to admitt i'm a bit bias as to this topic because i wish bush had never gotten ellected...
    I you wonder why go rent Ferinheight 9/11
    I mean what kind of leader when a government person comes into a room and tells you that the twin towers are being blow to bits just shruggs and keeps reading children's books????
    Question do you know what bush did for the first 6 months of holding his office???

He vacationed in florida and texas and played golf....
    Did taxes go down NO they went UP!
    So I ask you do you think that bush is a good thing????

I think not......

This is in pertaining to George W. Bush Not Bush Sr.
    And is not ment to affend annyone on this site....
    "VASH"

"Only those who are loved can ever be free"

ALK 2005

Otaku Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop's Avatar
    Thanks
    Alright, lets take this by the books:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia_Aaron
    I mean I just dont like the way our nation (america) is falling apart so rapidly...
    Republicans in office is not the end of the country, get over it, the majority decided.
    I have to admitt i'm a bit bias as to this topic because i wish bush had never gotten ellected...
    Why? Because he's stupid? The War on Terror? He doesn't spell correctly?
    I you wonder why go rent Ferinheight 9/11
    Hating Bush because Michael Moore tells you to? A college dropout putting on a blatant propaganda piece of half truths? A brilliant idea if there ever was one.
    I mean what kind of leader when a government person comes into a room and tells you that the twin towers are being blow to bits just shruggs and keeps reading children's books?
    What was he supposed to do? Scream, cry, terrify school kids with: "OH **** WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" or just plain bail on them? Jump up and deliever a speach he had NO idea he was supposed to give? What? What do you want?
    Last edited by Slothrop; Feb 23, 2005 at 03:17 PM.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    I see Slothdrop took care of this one already...
    My advice is not to mindlessly believe what other people tell you. Keeping the people stupid is what keeps most dictators on their thrones.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I'm sorry, Alicia_Aaron, but your argument is a load of crap. Although I disagree with a few things that the president does, I have valid reasons for them. None of my arguments are based on what Michael Moore says, especially not on that hackjob of a documentary. Now, I consider myself to be a liberal, and my views do reflect those of many Democrats, but come on people... he's the damn President! He won the election three months ago! I've gotten over it, so why is it so damn hard for the majority of you?

Again, although I do not agree with many of the things that the President has done (Iraq, Gay Rights, etc.), he has done them with remarkable proficiency under the circumstances. That's not saying that the lack of WMD's in Iraq was anything but a good cause gone FUBAR, rather that he acted professionally based on the evidence that was provided to him.

Also, did you not see the look on George W. Bush's face when he was told about 9/11? He was shocked. The worst part was that there was nothing he could do about it. Besides, it does look better if the president can keep his calm during such an event.

Yeah, I'm a Democrat, and yeah, I'm a liberal, but hell, I respect him for being President.

EDIT: Oh, and just because I hate it when illiterate people try to argue... C-O-U-N-T-R-Y. Please, oh please, learn to spell.
    Last edited by Eriadd; Feb 23, 2005 at 03:48 PM.

Newbie Alicia_Aaron may be famous one day Alicia_Aaron may be famous one day Alicia_Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks
    OK Ok I want to say my argument is not base completely on Michael Moore...
    And i was in a hurry when i typed that last message so if the spelling was wrong GET OVER IT...
    and thirdly bush wouldnt have won the first time if the republican party did not have complete controll over the Supreme Court Justice....
    and he would never have been president!
    "VASH"

"Only those who are loved can ever be free"

ALK 2005

Otaku Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop's Avatar
    Thanks
    and thirdly bush wouldnt have won the first time if the republican party did not have complete controll over the Supreme Court Justice....
    Looking at the facts... it's compleate horseshit.
    Fact is, the media called Florida for Gore after two percent of the counties were in, and before polls were even closed, effectively causing a decrease in the amount of votes for Bush in the first place.
    Hell, even the New York Times has conceded to Bush winning.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/12/politics/12VOTE.html

Bush won, that is the end of it.

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    OK Ok I want to say my argument is not base completely on Michael Moore...
    And i was in a hurry when i typed that last message so if the spelling was wrong GET OVER IT...

The US Supreme Court at the time was made up of mostly Liberal-minded judges, i.e. judges that typically sided with the Democratic positions on a subject. NO party has control over the Supreme Court. They are not elected, they are appointed and are appointed for life. The role of the Supreme Court in the 2000 election was to refuse to hear a lawsuit brought by a liberal activist group. The suit was filed AFTER the Florida elections were certified and also AFTER Gore had already conceded the election. All the Supreme Court did was throw out a useless lawsuit.

Sorry to tell you this, but your entire arguement IS based upon Fahrenheit 9/11. I'm not a Bush supporter by any stretch of the imagination, but the ingorance shown by most Bush-bashers makes me ill.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Newbie jkun17 may be famous one day jkun17 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I'm a hard pressed liberal, but I have to agree with the others. Basing you entire political viewpoint on a movie or severl highly biased authors is no way to choose your political affiliation. I dare say it's childish to appeal to a single viewpoint before making a decision like that.

Firstly, America won't fall apart just because Republicans are in office. Are we more polarized than we've been since the Civil War? Maybe, but I doubt it will go that far. Things are pretty bad, yes, but it won't stay bad.

Second, I also wish Bush never got elected. But he did. It's done. Let's see what comes next.

If you want to develop arguments against the administration, don't watch Farenheight 9/11. We have neither the insight nor the hindsight to know whether or not he was right or if he just pulled words out of a hat managed to make a movie. Though simply because a source is heavily biased doesn't necessarily mean that the information is wrong; a second source should be sought so that one can have a fuller view of a subject.

If you want to get a better idea about political science I point you to three books, Social Contract by Jean-Jaques Rousseau, Leviathan by Thomas Hobbes and Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith. With those books you get the view of a Classic Liberal, a Classic Conservative and the Father of Capitalism. Use their words and their ideas to develop your ideas, not a movie or a story or what you hear from a single mindset of people.

There are many things that Bush is doing wrong, but you've got to have better tools to better analyze what he's doing wrong.

Also, it helps to try to see if he's doing something right.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast