Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Maybe Not The Contry

Newbie Neo-Sapiens may be famous one day Neo-Sapiens may be famous one day Neo-Sapiens's Avatar
    Thanks
    I totaly suport jkun17 opinion (but what is Adam smith's book doing here he was economist). Who told you everyone that it would be better if Bush lost. Maybe the others would be worst. In Fahrenheit 9/11 Moore is just questioning connections of Bush family with Bin Laden and noone elses. The more i see how much money does he makes the more it looks to that he was trying to explote situation (He never deserved Golden Palm award in Cannes film festival).
    All of my heaven is filled with scars,
    so hate is my sword to walk to the stars...

Newbie Alicia_Aaron may be famous one day Alicia_Aaron may be famous one day Alicia_Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation

Look i never once said that
    Quote Originally Posted by jkun17
    Firstly, America won't fall apart just because Republicans are in office.
    And as for my argument supposedly being completely based on Moore's movie thats total Crap i say what i say because of what his family is knowing them i would know...

And bush yes has done some good while in office but look at Iraq.........
    I mean the war was over ages ago and there are more on the death toll now than there was during the war...
    Why did we go over there in the first place i mean We all Know the biological weapons thing was a load of crap and im not saying im not thankfull that The government over there is getting and overhaul cause i am and i appreciate what our troops are doing i just think its a waste of time we had no right to be there!

(By the way thanx for the book ideas.)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkun17
    If you want to get a better idea about political science I point you to three books, Social Contract by Jean-Jaques Rousseau, Leviathan by Thomas Hobbes and Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith. With those books you get the view of a Classic Liberal, a Classic Conservative and the Father of Capitalism. Use their words and their ideas to develop your ideas, not a movie or a story or what you hear from a single mindset of people.

And that is my mind on the subject
    "VASH"

"Only those who are loved can ever be free"

ALK 2005

忍び Tychoides may be famous one day Tychoides may be famous one day Tychoides's Avatar
    Thanks
    This didn't turn into a Bush slam-fest? What happened to this place? Don't you people know that every thread involving politics is required to have a bunch of kids who can't vote, can't spell, and love Michael Moore using the same anti-Bush propaganda and jokes?

I'm only kidding.

But not really. That's really what happens around here.

Well, used to, evidently. Maybe I need to bring back my Bush/Cheney avatar and signature. All I see here are some liberals using common sense and logic to combat their own, so there has to be something wrong, or I missed a memo along the way.

As for the topic at hand, well, I think my boy Slothrop has got it covered so far. Thanks, bud.
    I don't have a God complex. I am God.

Newbie Alicia_Aaron may be famous one day Alicia_Aaron may be famous one day Alicia_Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well whatever really i mean i just dont like the guy.
    "VASH"

ALK 2005

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia_Aaron
    Well whatever really i mean i just dont like the guy.
    Your'e perfectly entitled to not like someone. Just don't let your dislike blind you to reality or color your entire perspective of the country. There are a few Prime Ministers I have a beef with but I'm not going to condem the entire country just because I don't care for their currant leader.

If I can dispeal a myth though. I hear alot that we had no business going into Iraq. I wonder how many people are aware that we were already at war with them. The previous war with Iraq did not end but was put on hold with the requirement that neither side attack the other. It's called an armistice and is temporary until a peace treaty can be signed or the cease fire is broken. The first time Sadams men fired at one of our aircraft they broke the armistice and under international law essentialy redeclared war with the US (and Britian for that matter). President Bush as such did not need permission from the UN to stage an offensive with a country we were already recognized to be at war with. In spite of that he still went to the UN and allowed them the opportunity to straighten things out. He even gave them additional time past the initial deadline he had set for the military to take action. When the President ordered the military in after he felt arbitration had failed he was in his right under both US and International law. The US had every right to be in Iraq and has every right to stay there until asked to leave by the Internationally recognized current government.

I might also interest you to know that Micheal Moores "documentary" has had several points that have been proven false. According to records he has a history of fabricating "documentaries" by hiring actors in order to get the results he wants. For specifics you can find public statements concerning a "documentary" on the Death Sentance in Texas where he did just that. It's the only instance I know where someone has managed to get both the organization against Capitol Punishment and the organization supporting it to work together (in their mutual condemnation of him).
    Last edited by Arrianna; Feb 24, 2005 at 02:59 PM.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks
    OK then but did you further know that over here bush said under and official press conference that The war was completely over! and if the UN turned it down do you really think that we should have been there i dont and im not condeming the whole country because of him i just think that this country is a lazy and greedy country and that if electricity and all the conforts we abuse were taken away then we would be screwed we would die sease to be you know.
    And as for Moore's documentaries yes he fabricated small parts if it but the bulk of it was true and one thing i hate about bush is i wish he could say 3 words in a sentance and not take 10 years to say it and say it clearly and i wish for once we would get a president that would speak his mind and write his own speaches.
    Have you ever noticed that he studders about every 3 word it F*&#$ing annoying
    "VASH"

ALK 2005

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychoides
    All I see here are some liberals using common sense and logic to combat their own, so there has to be something wrong, or I missed a memo along the way.
    Yeah, not all of us Democrats are spineless creeps.

忍び Tychoides may be famous one day Tychoides may be famous one day Tychoides's Avatar
    Thanks
    OK then but did you further know that over here bush said under and official press conference that The war was completely over!
    The war is over. What is going on now, then? Terrorists, many of whom have come in from other countries, who are trying to destroy the new democractic regime because democracy and radical Islam just don't mix. Why? People have equal rights, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and all those wonderful things we enjoy. How selfish and irresponsible of us to spread those things to brutal dictatorships!

and one thing i hate about bush is i wish he could say 3 words in a sentance and not take 10 years to say it and say it clearly and i wish for once we would get a president that would speak his mind and write his own speaches.
    Have you ever noticed that he studders about every 3 word it F*&#$ing annoying
    All this coming from someone who can't use capital letters, punctuation, proper grammar, and spelling correctly? Oh the irony.
    I don't have a God complex. I am God.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast