Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The meaning of life

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The meaning of life

Quote Originally Posted by Zdenek
    According to my current opinion based on the latest scientific discoveries, life's meaning is to maintain low entropy in itself at all costs despite the universe's tendency to do otherwise. The life forms do so due to the "selfish gene" structure, which does something similar to crystalization, but much more complex, to achieve the forementioned goal. It does so due to the preset physical constants that hefine how the matter will interact.
    Awesome................glad to hear it from a scientific perspective. Thank you. I have learned about entrophy as well in my Physical Chemistry class.............very interesting. Yes, entrophy of the universe is always raising high.............but this will help us to maintain the entropy in our cells as low as possible. This leads to a greater order in our cells, which allows us to survive. So, I guess that is a good trade-off.

Otaku mechataku may be famous one day mechataku may be famous one day mechataku's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=kedar]
    Life is a neverending story, in which each individual soul in this mundane world, plays as a particular character. The name of the character changes in each chapter, but the soul of that character remains the same, as one dies and reincarnates. The way to escape from this cycle of births or rebirths is to achieve moksha or nirvana (samething). Then again, the myriad number of names that that particular soul has been acquired in each chapter, still remains forever, for he/she is never lost. So, I believe that every single soul, who has placed a foot on this divine land, is given a test: a test to see if one is capable of discovering the moksha or nirvana and the true meaning of their existance. Of course at the end, everyone does, but how soon one achieves it makes the difference.
    QUOTE]

Whoa.....deep.....

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

live as long as you can....good or bad, then die....
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

mechataku wrote: Whoa.....deep.....
    Well, thank you very much. I asked this question because my master asked the very same question to me, when I got the black belt in Swarga Chakra martial arts. I also work in the temple..................so, I can speak a little bit about philosophy. That is my explaination, and monks here had came up with even more creative ones. I, thank all of you, for your responses-------I liked reading them very much.

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks

The meaning of life is the death of all things. It's the only thing that WILL happen to EVERYONE

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

"I think the reason why we die, is because we accept it as an inevitability! Whhha!"
    -Stewie-
    Family Guy
    Last edited by Innerhell; Nov 24, 2005 at 06:50 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

"To live is to find your purpose in life. Die, be reborn. Then find the next."
    ... ^_^;;

"To live is to slowly decay. So perhaps, there's more to life than just meaning and death... someone no one sees. More than fact and fiction."
    .... ^_^;;

"To live is to live. Long story short: Once upon a Time... ________________ The End. It's your job to fill in the blanks."
    ..... ^_^;;

"To live is to serve. To die is to be free."
    ...... ^_^;;

"Life is like a box of chocolates... you eat it until its empty..."
    ....... ^_^;;

"Life and Death are brothers, having their tuggle war with you... their favorite toy."
    ........ ^_^;;

"Life and Death are married... in the end, your wife is going to win. You just know it."
    ........... XD

Those were a bunch of quotes I said in the past... It's not that I believe them completely, just... someone had to say it. XD

Newbie Dakishime_tai_no_ni may be famous one day Dakishime_tai_no_ni may be famous one day Dakishime_tai_no_ni's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe there is meaning to life. I think everyone has a different purpose. Be it to change someone else or to change something. Everyone leaves some type of impact on the world. God has a plan for everyone.
    I do not believe in reincarnation. When one dies, they are sent to heaven, hell, purgatory, etc, etc. Not that I'm trying to change anyone's views on reincarnation. I just don't believe in it.

Anime-my heroine. My crack addicted friend.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast