Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: media players

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: media players

Try VLC Media player. It may not be the best, but it'll play just about anything. I had to have it for some Blue Gender episodes I had a way back... stupid sasser virus killed the computer they were on. Link for VLC is CLICK

Other than that I suggest WinMX or sticking with Windows.

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: media players

yeah, if you want to listen to audio and watch video, instead of windows media player. Go with WinAmp because that's where high quality is at!!!!!!!

Newbie sparkl92 may be famous one day sparkl92 may be famous one day
    Thanks

personally, i am a fan of realplayer

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Right now, I use Zoom player (standard) for all my video. It renders video much cleaner and color-accurate than WMP, even when using the same codec library. Assuming you get the proper codecs, splitter, filters to use with the player, I think it's the best bet for video. It can be customized a million different ways, and has the best user control I've seen. Full screen viewing, frame by frame movement, color and brightness options, audio stream selection, subtitle selection, slow/fast motion, screen capture- to name a few. The only issue is that the standard version (free on cnet) does not play DVD's. You can buy the pro version that can though. Also, I hate the fact that WMP tries to connect to the net every time I open it. You can probably shut that function off, but who wants to bother searching through the file system for that option.

VLC player is good as a free DVD solution. I somehow erased my software mpeg-2 decoded, so I had to go with VLC for DVDs. If you have a hardware decoded, then just use whatever program that it uses, as that will give you a much higher quality than software decompression.

Right now, I can't say that there is a perfect, all-in-one solution for audio and video. There are some that come close, but eventually you'll find something annoying. If you want the best possible experience with media, use separate programs for each.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2