Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Meeting famous people

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Meeting famous people

Since I am superficial and the life of the rich and famous intrigues me, meeting famous people or well known people to me is exciting and fun. And I am sure everyone has met at least one well known person once in their lives, so the point of this topic would be:

Who have you met that was well known or famous, and how did that impact on you?

And yes you have to explain why it impacted on you, and not just list off names.

For me I've met:

Anthony Stewart Head (Giles on Buffy The Vampire Slayer): I met him a few years ago at an anime/sci fi con. I waited 2 hours in line just to meet him and it was worth it. I talked to him and shook his hand and got a personal autograph and almost had an asthma attack. Buffy is my favorite TV show so yeah.

Matthew Good (Lead singer of Matthew Good Band): I don't know how many people have heard of Matthew Good Band or Matthew Good, but they are a pretty good Canadian rock band, who broke up but Matt Good still puts out CD's. They are my favorite band and Matt Good is my idol, so meeting him was like awesome. I even got one of his Guitar picks.

Other people I've met were:
    From Buffy The Vampire Slayer:
    Mercedes McNab who plays Harmony - I was actually dragged away by security because I didn't pay to meet her, haha.
    Robia LaMorte Who played Jenny Calendar.
    Harry Groener Who played the Mayor in season 3 on Buffy
    Julie Benz Who played Darla

and just other people in General were:
    Rob Thomas from Matchbox Twenty
    Ephraim Ellis Who played Rick on Degrassi The Next Generation

And then all those sci fi actors at the conventions. Way to many to mention. My goal is to meet the entire cast of Buffy The Vampire Slayer
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Otaku yanna may be famous one day yanna may be famous one day yanna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Meeting famous people

I want to come to canada where I can meet some of the people you have met. i wold really like to meet some famouse people. I mean I met garth brooks but thats garth brooks..he is kinda not big any more. I wanna meet billy joe armstrong
    I am insane and I am loving every hour of it? Any problems?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I met a bunch of the star trek crew. Ive been to like over a dozen star trek conventions and got their autographs and shook their hands.

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't met anyone famous or even well known... I thought I might have seen Ashley Simpson once at my local mall but i don't believe it. My ma pointed it out that a limo pulled up and that i couldn't see who stepped out but that it was some woman. I didn't see her face or anything so i couldn't tell but my ma was almost sure it was her, but why she would be shopping in my local mall i have no idea... (Guilderland, New York-Crossgates Mall)

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

I've met Kristin Kreuk and Michael Rosenbaum from Smallville when I worked at the airport, they were shooting an episode here. They were really cool, seemed like normal people, and even ordered regular coke as opposed to diet lol. Then I met Micheal Jordan at the airport as well. He was a total stuck up ass. Muhammad Ali when I was ten, and I think that's about it.

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

Can i please be ANY of you?! I can't believe that i've never met anyone famous. Sure i'm only 15 but come on! I've got to meet SOMEONE right?

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeAficianado
    Can i please be ANY of you?! I can't believe that i've never met anyone famous. Sure i'm only 15 but come on! I've got to meet SOMEONE right?
    Dude, they hide. From the paparazzi! I would too. They dress like normal people in public and try to blend in.
    Last edited by Metsuki Anba; Aug 15, 2005 at 06:38 PM.

Newbie Hakkeru may be famous one day Hakkeru may be famous one day Hakkeru's Avatar
    Thanks

where I live it's mostly running into sports celebs, I've met several of the Detroit Pistons.like Chauncy Billipsand Ben Wallace at the DMV. I did get to meet Ewan MacGregor when they were here shooting for the movie the Island.He was nice and all I could think to say was,omg it's Obi Wan.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast