Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Memoirs of a Geisha

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Memoirs of a Geisha

Quote Originally Posted by Creesco
    I thought they did a good job doing it in english because you could tell that Sayuri(chiyo) had not been westernized. While Matasume(not sure of spelling) was westernized with her accent. It showed that japanese people did begin to speak like americans as soon as they came in.
    Who? Mameha? Hatsumomo?

Otaku Creesco may be famous one day Creesco may be famous one day Creesco's Avatar
    Thanks

Mameha..sorry my spelling is that great, but you can tell her accent is western

Full Metal Alchemist sucks. Wanna try and prove me wrong?
    www.creesco.com
    We have nothing else to do except rate your grammar.

Newbie Kyzicranbzy may be famous one day Kyzicranbzy may be famous one day Kyzicranbzy's Avatar
    Thanks

I've gotta say, the book was much better.

On another forum I'm on, some people suggested that the movie should be Japanese with english subtitles and actual geisha should be the actors.

Real Eyes Realize Real Lies.

Newbie asraiwaters may be famous one day asraiwaters may be famous one day asraiwaters's Avatar
    Thanks

the movie was great, visually. but the characters were shallow and underdeveloped, in my opinion.

as far as the actors, i think they were all pretty perfect for their roles. but the fact that they spoke english with japanese accents made them kinda....distant so the movie didnt really touch me like the book did. if you get what im trying to say...
    buy manga. watch anime on youtube.

Newbie theblackwinter may be famous one day theblackwinter may be famous one day theblackwinter's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't wait to see it x.x I got the soundtrack and was mesmorized by it, so as soon as I have the time I'll be rushing to the theatre

"And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all.."

Newbie *Natsumi* may be famous one day *Natsumi* may be famous one day *Natsumi*'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    *Mayura says* ::@_@:: What's wrong with those people? There are thousands of beautiful Japanese girls in Kyoto, why not use them instead that Chinese wannabe Geisha?
    Fully agreed. A Japanese girl should have been used instead of that freakle-faced Chinese girl. No offense to any of her fans.

Sagara-kun(Kedar) is the greatest!!!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Because she's a good actress.
    I doubt Spielberg meant to offend anyone. It would've taken a long time to pick up a geisha from Kyoto and train her to act and speak English well. Zhang Zi Yi is well-acquainted with this sort of thing. She's a pro, see.

champion of all champions banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03's Avatar
    Thanks

me too.. i got the soundtrack hehe
    but i need you here tonight
    i need you here inside
    i need you here tonight
    i really really need you here tonight

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast