Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Metal.

Newbie Silent Nate may be famous one day Silent Nate may be famous one day Silent Nate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Any thing Metallica gives me whiplash. Personaly i really don't like any of the new metal. To me it just sounds like all they really do is screem thier heads off. Which means I'm not a fan of Slipknot. Only wish i was older in the 80's to have expeirenced the Golden age of Metal.

Newbie Styx_Insanity may be famous one day Styx_Insanity may be famous one day Styx_Insanity's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Nate
    Any thing Metallica gives me whiplash. Personaly i really don't like any of the new metal. To me it just sounds like all they really do is screem thier heads off. Which means I'm not a fan of Slipknot. Only wish i was older in the 80's to have expeirenced the Golden age of Metal.
    i agree with the slipknot remark. I have a wide range of musical taste, but i dont like bubblegum bullsh**. most of those bands in your list are pretty good

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks
    probably means u haven't heard their new album. Vol. 3 doesn't have much screaming at all. though there is some, not as much as Iowa and their self-titled ones. Vol. 3 has a few songs that are slow. Circle and Vermilion Pt. 2 which are very good songs from them though they are slow. Vermilion, Before I Forget, and Duality are examples of songs that have little screaming in them. they're alot like Stone Sour. and Stone Sour contains James Root and Corey Taylor from Slipknot. i think since Stone Sour was a hit, Corey decided to make a Slipknot album like Stone Sour's. but that's just my theory.

Newbie Silent Nate may be famous one day Silent Nate may be famous one day Silent Nate's Avatar
    Thanks
    While I have only heard two songs in High school. What really turned me off, was there being so many people in the band, and it sounded like they had no rhythm between the drums, guitars, and vocals. In fact while listening to one of the songs I actually thought that the vocals were the best part of the song (when the guy wasn't screaming his head off). To me it just seems like all image and no talent.

Don't take it personally i just don't like that style of metal. Plus this is all based on the pictures i've seen and a few music videos on MTVX.

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks
    While I have only heard two songs in High school. What really turned me off, was there being so many people in the band, and it sounded like they had no rhythm between the drums, guitars, and vocals. In fact while listening to one of the songs I actually thought that the vocals were the best part of the song (when the guy wasn't screaming his head off). To me it just seems like all image and no talent.

Don't take it personally i just don't like that style of metal. Plus this is all based on the pictures i've seen and a few music videos on MTVX.
    there's that stereo-typical BS again. why the hell is everyone like this? and so what if the band is fairly large? everything in it goes together and creates the most unique sound. having a DJ, sound samplist, and a couple percussionists makes it more unique to me sicne most metal bands now a days, are the 5 pieces. 2 guitars, bass, drums, and vocalist. now listen to more than 2 songs and quit being judgemental with pics and videos. that doesn't help the situation. pics and videos don't do anything in helping whether u like the band or not.

Newbie Citara may be famous one day Citara may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Children of Bodom
    Alixisonfire
    Atreyu
    Tsunami Bomb
    Cradle Of Filth
    Ill nino
    Opeth
    If you feel like being a numetal head:
    Slipknot
    Otep
    Disturbed
    Yeah thats all I can name off the top of my head

Newbie obliteration may be famous one day obliteration may be famous one day obliteration's Avatar
    Thanks
    Though I abhor nu-metal to no end (with few exceptions), I love the more pure and forms.

Some of the bands I listen to:

Agalloch
    Amon Amarth
    At The Gates (Pre-Slaughter of The Soul era)
    Blind Guardian
    Bolt Thrower
    Borknagar
    Children of Bodom
    Dark Tranquillity
    Death
    Eternal Tears of Sorrow
    Evergrey
    Extol (Pre-Synergy era)
    Fear Factory
    Fragments of Unbecoming
    Iced Earth
    In Flames (Pre-Clayman era)
    Insomnium
    Katatonia
    Meshuggah
    Ministry
    Mithotyn
    Moonsorrow
    Morbid Angel
    My Dying Bride
    Nightwish
    Norther
    Obituary
    Opeth
    Sepultura (Before Max quit)
    Soilwork (Pre-Predator's Portrait era)
    Vintersorg
    Et cetera...

[ Romans 1:6: And you are included among those Gentiles who have been called to belong to Jesus Christ. ]

Newbie Citara may be famous one day Citara may be famous one day
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by obliteration
    Though I abhor nu-metal to no end (with few exceptions), I love the more pure and forms.

Some of the bands I listen to:

Agalloch
    Amon Amarth
    At The Gates (Pre-Slaughter of The Soul era)
    Blind Guardian
    Bolt Thrower
    Borknagar
    Children of Bodom
    Dark Tranquillity
    Death
    Eternal Tears of Sorrow
    Evergrey
    Extol (Pre-Synergy era)
    Fear Factory
    Fragments of Unbecoming
    Iced Earth