Thread: Million Dollar Baby

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Million Dollar Baby

Ok, you're probably thinking "I wonder if Hassun brought up the 9-11 attacks 2 months after the facts too"
    but the film was released last Thursday where I live so bear with me.

I must say I'm impressed, no wonder it got all the glory at the oscars.
    It's the best film I've seen in a while. Mr Eastwood, Mr Freeman and a stunning Hilary Swank
    (only writing her last name makes it sound tacky) kicked me in the face with their phenomenal acting.

If it wasn't for the fluid feces slurping retardeds behind me -more on them in the 'Obnoxious Theatre Audiences' thread-
    it would have been a perfect evening.

This is just totally my kind of film; terrific acting, action, people getting hit in the face, misery, blood, ...
    You name it Hassun loves it!

So to make this thread useful (yeah that'll be the day )

Do you people think it deserves the honours it has recieved?
    Any afterthoughts?

Oh and for anyone with a loose tongue or a dementing mind:
    I posted this in the 'Music and Movies' forum, NOT in the 'Spoilers' forum
    (I am well aware I'm not quoting anyone but the quote window tends to stand out more)

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    I thought the film was incredible. Calling it well made would absolutely be an understatement....everything hit the right notes, the screenplay, cinematography, music and of course the knock-out performances (no pun intended). I was just so happy that Mr. Freeman finally won an oscar for his role here.

Thanks
    I don't think this was Mr Freeman's best role but he totally deserves that Oscar of course.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    I don't think this was Mr Freeman's best role but he totally deserves that Oscar of course.
    I am with you on that one, it wasn't Morgan's strongest role but i am just glad he finally got one. I mean Shawshank Redemption....the guy shouldve got 2 awards for that! But ah well, that's another story....

Newbie barnabus may be famous one day barnabus may be famous one day barnabus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    I am with you on that one, it wasn't Morgan's strongest role but i am just glad he finally got one. I mean Shawshank Redemption....the guy shouldve got 2 awards for that! But ah well, that's another story....
    I do agree with you guys, it was a great film but I do think Clive Owen in "Closer" performed better. Don't get me wrong, Freeman was good, his casual presence made for a good balance between Swank and Eastwood. I do like him, great in Shawshank like you said but like I said, Clive Owen was better.

And another thing, did any of you two see the other "leading lady oscar nominated" films? I am curious because I did not think Swank was incredible.

barnabus

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    I thought it deserved the nominations, but the only award I think it deserved was Supporting Actor for Morgan Freeman. It was a good movie though, I enjoyed it, I thought it had a very touching a smart story and Eastwood did a great job directing it, but Scorcese deserved the Best Director nod for Aviator in my opinion.

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    He wasn't bad but.........a Oscar??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    I thought it deserved the nominations, but the only award I think it deserved was Supporting Actor for Morgan Freeman. It was a good movie though, I enjoyed it, I thought it had a very touching a smart story and Eastwood did a great job directing it, but Scorcese deserved the Best Director nod for Aviator in my opinion.
    You should have known Scorcese wasn't going to get the Oscar anyway.
    The Aviator didn't really interest me that much.