Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mission to Find Eden (Modern Day)???

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Mission to Find Eden (Modern Day)???

I recently heard from one of my friends some expeditioners went out in search for the Garden of Eden as told in the Old Testement. I don't know if this was recent or not (I didn't research the subject material) but supposedly this expedition team found the garden of eden because they radioed in to the home base. Yet, the team never returned home from this mission. Theoligical reasoning has it that two angels with Swords of Fire guard both entrances to the Garden (Located near Mesopotamia, or Africa-area I believe, but not sure!) ~ and these angels were not supposed to let any human EVER enter. It was their sole duty! Could it be that this team of explorers was destroyed by the angels with the flaming swords? Has anyone ever heard of this story?

My personal logic has it that if the garden did exist, God's intervention would be worked out so that radars could not detect it, and space cameras could not photograph it. It's supposed to be supernatural right? I'm probably going on a whim here ~

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mission to Find Eden (Modern Day)???

Grumble Grumble Grumble

This sounds more like an urban legend, like the discovery of the lost city of atlantis. Can you find any web links about this so called Expedition to Eden??? You have to prove that the expedition was real, before you can hypothesis what happend to them...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

This sounds more like an urban legend, like the discovery of the lost city of atlantis. Can you find any web links about this so called Expedition to Eden??? You have to prove that the expedition was real, before you can hypothesis what happend to them...
    Yes, Roy! But heres the thing...

I just heard it from one of my friends so I hadn't actually heard any legitimate articles on an expedition ~ I googled it just now, which I probably should have done anyway, and heres what I came up with: Garden of Eden Expedition

There isn't many search results, but I think that one may have something relating...hopefully?

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

The link you gave leads to someone's fiction so it appears your friend was having an Indiana Jones moment.

Here's a link to a reprint of an article from Smithisonian magazine about an archeologist who did some field work to find what might have been the Garden of Eden:http://www.ldolphin.org/eden
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

my view is that it may well exsist, though that does not mean that it was god who made it. there may exist a place which seems "perfect" but this does not mean that a mythycal being created it. there are many myths and legends that are based on true stories, but usually the truth is far from the lie.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Wait didn't a group of people recently found a sunken city, I forgot where it was exactly but it was indeed over the news and if I could find the link i'll post it

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    Wait didn't a group of people recently found a sunken city, I forgot where it was exactly but it was indeed over the news and if I could find the link i'll post it
    Are you talking about that city that they found at the bottom of that lake?(I think it was in Mexico, can't remember).
    But if there IS a Garden of Eden, I hope we don't find it, cause if it is so "perfect" people would ruin it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan
    The link you gave leads to someone's fiction so it appears your friend was having an Indiana Jones moment.

Here's a link to a reprint of an article from Smithisonian magazine about an archeologist who did some field work to find what might have been the Garden of Eden:http://www.ldolphin.org/eden
    Thanks Zui! I just googled up the whole "Garden of Eden" thing. I like your Smithsonian reprint, I'm a sucker for genuine sources (like CNN.com or yahoo News) I don't like pseudo-sites ~ I just gave the first link that I found. Sorry for that but thanks for your help ^_^

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast