Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mission to Find Eden (Modern Day)???

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mission to Find Eden (Modern Day)???

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadhawk
    Are you talking about that city that they found at the bottom of that lake?(I think it was in Mexico, can't remember).
    But if there IS a Garden of Eden, I hope we don't find it, cause if it is so "perfect" people would ruin it.
    I am not sure but I saw it on my Yahoo! news videos and I can't find it now, maybe it is the one you are talking about because it was just a few months ago

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadhawk
    Are you talking about that city that they found at the bottom of that lake?(I think it was in Mexico, can't remember).
    But if there IS a Garden of Eden, I hope we don't find it, cause if it is so "perfect" people would ruin it.
    I didn't hear about that, but I don't think that was the same story. The one I heard about was when some expeditioners went to search for Eden and never came back, after radioing in...supposedly they were killed by the "protecting angels" of Eden, was the theory. I don't think we would ruin the perfect Eden because in the Bible it states that God assigned those two angels to protect it, not letting anyone ever enter again.

Supposedly the "fruit" that was eaten was a pomegranete. that is acutually a substantial fact. Apple being the "forbidden fruit" is a common misrepresentation.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

I love it when people try to find Biblical locations while ignoring half of the evidence from the Bible. It's like trying to have your cake and eat it too (though mind you I have never understood why you wouldn't want to eat your cake but there you go).

Point: For Eden to exist you have to take the Bible literally.
    Point: Taken literally that would also mean that:
    a) The world was completely covered in the flood rearranging the face of the continent (singular), or in other words Eden could be anywhere.
    b) The continents divided afterward, which means that Eden could even be on another continent.

I laugh in the face of half measures, HAHAHAHAHA!

But it is interesting to see what they are doing isn't it. lol

PS. Come to think of it Eden would have been destroyed in the flood as well. Kinda makes the angels redundent doesn't it?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    I love it when people try to find Biblical locations while ignoring half of the evidence from the Bible. It's like trying to have your cake and eat it too (though mind you I have never understood why you wouldn't want to eat your cake but there you go).

Point: For Eden to exist you have to take the Bible literally.
    Point: Taken literally that would also mean that:
    a) The world was completely covered in the flood rearranging the face of the continent (singular), or in other words Eden could be anywhere.
    b) The continents divided afterward, which means that Eden could even be on another continent.
    The flood didn't necessarily separate the continents did it? I thought it just drowned out every living thing on earth, not separate everything. Then again, WE HAVE had land mass separation, which could lead to geological confusion ETC. I am way out of my league making all these little assumptions without any backup evidence ... you probably know way more about this matter than I do Arrianna!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tasukuchan
    The flood didn't necessarily separate the continents did it? I thought it just drowned out every living thing on earth, not separate everything. Then again, WE HAVE had land mass separation, which could lead to geological confusion ETC.
    According to the Bible the "earth divided" in the time of Peleg, Noah's great, great, great, grandson.

So flood, then division. Either way if you take it literally the garden could have been anywhere. But then to beliveve in a physical garden don't you have to?

I know some people who believe the garden still exists under the Antarctic. Seriously.

Otaku emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    According to the Bible the "earth divided" in the time of Peleg, Noah's great, great, great, grandson.

So flood, then division. Either way if you take it literally the garden could have been anywhere. But then to beliveve in a physical garden don't you have to?

I know some people who believe the garden still exists under the Antarctic. Seriously.
    thats what i think, the bible uses many metaphors, like God said he made the world seven days. It didnt mean the seven days as we think they are today, probably meant over millions and millions of years. So the garden of Eden could mean one point in time there was such a place, but not waht we think of perfect.
    Don't let me be.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emmy_chan
    thats what i think, the bible uses many metaphors, like God said he made the world seven days. It didnt mean the seven days as we think they are today, probably meant over millions and millions of years. So the garden of Eden could mean one point in time there was such a place, but not waht we think of perfect.
    Or 1 thousand, or simply a period of time.

It's an interesting study. Especially since day not only means one rotation around the sun on a given planetary body it also means a period of time/activity or an era. So basically, day wise, who knows. Your guess is as good as mine.

Somehow I suspect what we consider perfect would be different for each one of us. lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emmy_chan
    That's actually a really interesting point, and it never really occurred to me until now! I like that theory (7 days = 7 million years, it makes more sense in regards to carbon dating scientifically speaking and can backup these nonbelieving atheists).

Revelation could be taken figuratively as well ~ for instance: the demon locusts with metal breastplates spewing smoke and brimstone, resembling man. Described as one of the judgements, could actually be a Biblical aged interpretation for an Apache helicopter / chopper or W/E you want to call it shooting missiles and bombing the hell out of us!

then again, if WE REALLY ARE going to be experiencing the ENd of DaYs, we need a sign from God Himself, so I believe personally that there will be more miraculous things occuring, I think that Revelation will be literal, not figurative.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2