Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mona Lisa...

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Mona Lisa...

I never understood what made this an amazing piece of work. The female is butt ugly. Could somone explain to me why this is a cherished painting?

Last edited by Kasai; Jan 20, 2005 at 03:48 PM.
    Seduced by Flesh

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    It suppossedly has a "perfect expression." artists admired this painting because it holds true to the perfection of the human expression. Back then, I believe many people didn't have a good face.(maybee)
    Last edited by youth_anime_fan; Jan 20, 2005 at 04:19 PM. Reason: trying not to be retarded...

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Uh, I actually don't know why the Mona Lisa is so cool... it just is. It's just like Spam, nobody knows what it is, but people eat it anyways.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by youth_anime_fan
    The "government" tells you its cherished. they say that it hold a "perfect" expression. But I know better. The "government" only wants to keep this painting around because there's a map on the back of it which will lead you to some hidden treasure burried by all the great artists of the ninteenth century...

*thinking*sounds kinda fammiliar...
    The gov, huh? A perfect expression? Interesting.
    Seduced by Flesh

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Since this was started as a serious discussion in the Opinion and Debate area, retarded comments like this:

Quote Originally Posted by youth_anime_fan
    The "government" tells you its cherished. they say that it hold a "perfect" expression. But I know better. The "government" only wants to keep this painting around because there's a map on the back of it which will lead you to some hidden treasure burried by all the great artists of the ninteenth century...

*thinking*sounds kinda fammiliar...
    should NOT be posted. If you're not going to make a serious contribution to the discussion, DON'T F'ING POST.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Sorry Zui... I totally appologize. *bows*

forgive?

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan
    Since this was started as a serious discussion in the Opinion and Debate area, retarded comments like this:

should NOT be posted. If you're not going to make a serious contribution to the discussion, DON'T F'ING POST.
    Thank you Zui
    Now here is a serious thought...
    This painting is cherished not for what it is, but what it might be. There is a lot of speculation that this is how da Vinci wished he looked (he was a very effeminate man, if you get my drift) and studies have been done that place his self portrait (the sketch of himself as an old man) over the Mona Lisa, and the facial structures are almost exactly the same. Also, if any one has read "the da Vinci Code", the words 'mona lisa' are broken down and in egyptian they mean hermaphrodite (there was a god in egyptian culture who was a hermaphrodite). so many think that this is how da Vinci thought he would look as a woman, and why it was called mona lisa. And that shouldn't surprise any one who knows about da Vinci; he was known for putting a lot of 'conspiratal' things in his paintings (like the last supper).
    Of course, there is the boring story about how he was commissioned by an aristocrat to paint his wife who was pregnant. And people cherished the work because it was a da Vinci. It has nothing to do with the looks of the woman.
    Anyway, that's the theory...

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ffgirl23
    Thank you Zui
    Now here is a serious thought...
    This painting is cherished not for what it is, but what it might be. There is a lot of speculation that this is how da Vinci wished he looked (he was a very effeminate man, if you get my drift) and studies have been done that place his self portrait (the sketch of himself as an old man) over the Mona Lisa, and the facial structures are almost exactly the same. Also, if any one has read "the da Vinci Code", the words 'mona lisa' are broken down and in egyptian they mean hermaphrodite (there was a god in egyptian culture who was a hermaphrodite). so many think that this is how da Vinci thought he would look as a woman, and why it was called mona lisa. And that shouldn't surprise any one who knows about da Vinci; he was known for putting a lot of 'conspiratal' things in his paintings (like the last supper).
    Of course, there is the boring story about how he was commissioned by an aristocrat to paint his wife who was pregnant. And people cherished the work because it was a da Vinci. It has nothing to do with the looks of the woman.
    Anyway, that's the theory...
    *cries* I have yet to read that book. This theory is very interesting. I musst look for that god.
    Seduced by Flesh

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast