Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Mona Lisa...

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's an interesting idea, ffgirl23. My one bit of nit-picking is that The Da Vinci Code is a work of fiction.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan
    It's an interesting idea, ffgirl23. My one bit of nit-picking is that The Da Vinci Code is a work of fiction.
    I know, but the guy knew his stuff, and there are books that break down his theories, like 'Decoding the da Vinci Code' that visit every place mentions in the book and all the other theories. I'm not saying it's right, but a lot of research has been done on it.

EDIT: let me clarify some things, I was kinda in a hurry...
    Yes, the da Vinci Code is fiction. The characters and events aren't real. But the book is based around factual places and real theories that people (especially members of the Catholic church) have been debating before. It wasn't until the 80s that anyone began thinking that there were hidden meanings behind the Last Supper, and after doing some research about da Vinci, people began suspecting that he had other motives for doing the painting. thus, the da Vinci Code (the theory) was born. See, da Vinci did all these paintings for the Church, cause they were paying him good money. But he really didn't believe in the Church, and so he began messing around with his paintings by putting all these 'conspiracies' in them (I don't wanna ruin the book for anyone, so I won't go in to detail) There is a cloth that hangs in the Vatacan called 'The shroud of Churin(sp?) that many thought to be the cloth that Jesus was buried in. It has the faint outline of a man. But some people think that da Vinci is the one who created it, just to mess with the Catholics. The way the figure is painted on is someting that may believe only da Vinci had the techniques to do.

Back to the topic at hand, the Mona Lisa is considered an artistic masterpiece, because of the technique that da Vinci used; the way he blended the colors, and no one has been able to replicate it.
    Last edited by ffgirl23; Jan 20, 2005 at 05:41 PM.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I've wanted to read "The Da Vinci Code" too. I think we keep it for the man who did paint it. A man who was a genius then, and still puzzles the geniuses now. Perhaps not for the person in the picture, but for the person who painted it.

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by youth_anime_fan
    It suppossedly has a "perfect expression." artists admired this painting because it holds true to the perfection of the human expression. Back then, I believe many people didn't have a good face.(maybee)
    LOL...that makes me laugh...but i think that the real reason was becuz of how in every direction that u looked at the painting....she would always be looking at you or seeming to be like that....i think it was famous bak then cuz there werent ne pictures like this bak then....atleast i think there werent

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Lol. thnx Boo. I never knew that.
    Seduced by Flesh

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I know, but the guy knew his stuff, and there are books that break down his theories, like 'Decoding the da Vinci Code' that visit every place mentions in the book and all the other theories. I'm not saying it's right, but a lot of research has been done on it.
    Just enough research to get the book written, not enough to get it right. I understand real historians are horrified by "The Da Vinci Code" because people are taking it seriously.

From what I know Boo45 has it right. Add her unusual smile and to quote "Ever After", "she mocks me". There's also the "perfect expression", which actually means that her face is perfectly symetrical (something physically impossible). As an art student we were taught NOT to do that because it will annoy your audience even if they can't tell why. Basically he painted something no one could forget and it took centuries for anyone to figure out why.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Just enough research to get the book written, not enough to get it right. I understand real historians are horrified by "The Da Vinci Code" because people are taking it seriously.
    You did read the rest of my thread, right? The theory of the da Vinci code existed before the book was written. And it is just that--a theory--that has not yet been proven. The book wasn't trying to prove anything; Dan Brown was just using it as a basis for his mystery. I'm not saying that these theories are right, just that they exist, and that's part of why the Mona Lisa, as well as da Vinci's other works, are a constant fascination to everyone.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Great thread...too bad I came in late to inject anything substantial but yes, there are sources that seem to indicate that Da Vinci would've wanted to look like the Mona Lisa if he was born a female. In fact, attempts have been made to superimpose Da Vinci self-portrait sketches on top of Mona Lisa, and while things don't quite match up, the overall impression you get from the facial expressions on the sketches and on the painting do surprisingly match.

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast