Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Mona Lisa...

Otaku Kira may be famous one day Kira may be famous one day Kira's Avatar
    Thanks
    Personally, I don't really like it. But I think that there is a riddle behind this painting... If I can recall right, Mona Lisa is smiling bcause of the background she's in... something like that.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah it was just that the standards of beauty were drastically different back then. The fact that it's so famous to me is not so much the painting itself, but just how long it's been around.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kira
    Personally, I don't really like it. But I think that there is a riddle behind this painting... If I can recall right, Mona Lisa is smiling bcause of the background she's in... something like that.
    Not exactly, the riddle is in the background. The two sides have been painted so that how she appears changes depending on which half you are focusing on. The mystery in the smile has to do with the slight fading in the corners of both the mouth and the eyes. Since in a painting the expression is found in those two locations the fade results in a "mysterious" expression.

Bonus to anyone who can spot just what is different between the two sides.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmmmm. Thisi s all very interesting. *goes to stare at the pic*

Later:

I'm not staring at it anymore...It scares me....I think....she looks sinister. If ya ask me. then again....I'm the one staring at her eyes. OO;;
    Last edited by Kasai; Jan 21, 2005 at 05:40 PM.
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku Kira may be famous one day Kira may be famous one day Kira's Avatar
    Thanks
    *stare at the painting too*
    Wow, where's her eyebrows?? how can she possibly be pretty without eyebrows!

p.s. I thinks she is making an evil grin...

Newbie gungrave433 may be famous one day gungrave433 may be famous one day gungrave433's Avatar
    Thanks
    to me it looks as if she is under apprieceated the picture shows that she is taken for granted

all me ^_^

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5