Thread: Mormans? LDS? Truth?

Newbie Alicia_Aaron may be famous one day Alicia_Aaron may be famous one day Alicia_Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Mormans? LDS? Truth?

Ok is anyone here lds morman whatever you want to call it? I have some qeustions. Why is it that you say your not a cult? I dont know why this is considering you do everything like a cult would. And do say i dont know. Cause yes im a member. I just dont see y u deny being a cult when almost every aspect of our no sorry you "religion" is formed like a cult. I would like to understand why aafter so long ive gotten away with lieing in meetings lieing directly to a Bishop id like to know why i havent been cought. If there is some contact with god there then why i ask havent i been found out. Stopped from going to the temple. Stoped from passing the sacrament. Stoped from getting a patriarticle blessing. I ask why do you beleive. I ask how can you beleive this stuff. How can you say youve felt the spirit. herd the still small voice whatever. EVERYONE HAS ITS CALLED THEIR CONSCIENCE! DUH........... So i ask you how can u beleive in something like that. I mean it makes sense and all i mean thats how id end up figuering stuff out about "the plan" but its just been gone about the wrong way. What is your opinion on this "church" - "religion"
    "VASH"

"Only those who are loved can ever be free"

ALK 2005

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mormans? LDS? Truth?

It's just another version of Christianity. They have a separate testament and everything, what more do you need? I know a girl who's mormon, and it's a f'real religion, believe me. You didn't see Catholics calling Lutheranism a "cult" when they broke from the chruch. It's just another set of beliefs, deal with it.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia_Aaron
    I would like to understand why aafter so long ive gotten away with lieing in meetings lieing directly to a Bishop id like to know why i havent been cought. If there is some contact with god there then why i ask havent i been found out. Stopped from going to the temple. Stoped from passing the sacrament. Stoped from getting a patriarticle blessing.
    Chances are pretty good if you have stopped doing all three things the Bishop does know. If you want answers ask him. If you just want to vent you'll need to look elsewhere.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

*is also a member*

No ones forcing you to take the sacrement (For non members reading the thread, its like Communion), its a personal choice you make.

These questions are deeply personal, and most likely should not be discussed in open forum. If you have any questions, your bishop, heck, even your sunday school teachers are always there to help you.

I was raised in the church, but at the moment, I'm inactive for my own reasons. I belive because is all that I've ever known, and the questions I get from other people, only serve to strenghen my faith.

If anyone has any questions, Wikipedia has a great section on the church: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_...ter-day_Saints
    Last edited by aceman67; Sep 13, 2005 at 08:03 PM.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Believe it or not, I'm a member, too. Yeah. It's true....

I don't know how else to say this, Alicia_Aaron, but you're full of sh*t. Mormonism is not a cult, regardless of whatever you may think. True, it has it's faults, but the blame for that lies solely on the shoulders of the members. For example, I have become distanced from the church because of the feeling in my ward (church area, for the No-Mo's) that I wasn't welcome in that ward because although I was a member who lives in Utah, I'm not from Utah. That's not the church's fault, but rather the fault of some of the close-minded members in an over-protected society.

By the way, if you are lying in meetings with your bishop, why are you acting so proud of it? Oh, I get it... you feel pride in being able to hoodwink a religious leader. Well, listen up, you wanker... your bishop probably feels sorry for you, and doesn't want to embarass you in front of your family. You are a pitiful fool, and even I would feel sorry for you if I were your bishop. (Thank the Big Guy that I'm not!)

You want to hear my viewpoint on the religion? No? Well, sucks to be you. I swear, if I found out that the LDS church was false, I'd give up Christianity alltogether. There is no other Christian religion that makes as much sense to as the LDS church.

My only word of advice to you, Alicia_Aaron is to get your head out of your a- errmmm... I mean... grow up. Just grow up.

Oh, and by the way, asshat... it's Mormon... not Morman. If you're gonna be in the religion, even under false pretenses, please get the name right!
    Last edited by Eriadd; Sep 13, 2005 at 08:47 PM.

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm seeing a flame thread.... Therefore closed.