Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Most Innovative Game

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Most Innovative Game

What do you think is the most innovative game on the market, or in the works. What games set themselves apart from others and what games do so in an EFFECTIVE way?

Don't just name a game, please explain your reasons.

In my own personal opinion, I would have to say Breakdown for the XBOX. It sets itself apart from other first person games by being truely 1st person. You see the body parts and the head moves. Not to mention it's half a fighting game. The fighting system is also pretty good once you get used to it. Another thing that sets the game apart is the story, a sci-fi thriller mixed with an action shooter/fighter in 1st person. The only problem with the game... it was too much innovation for one game to handle. Certain aspects such as the shooting gameplay, physics, etc suffered and the innovations were not refined by the developers. I just hope to see a sequal in the future with some more evolved aspects; and if you've seen the alternate ending, they set it up for a sequal.
    Last edited by Zarriff; Aug 05, 2005 at 05:40 AM. Reason: typo

Otaku Matrix040689 may be famous one day Matrix040689 may be famous one day Matrix040689's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Most Innovative Game

me i think it's Fable because just had some many features to it. you could even kick chickens course if you kick to many at once they call you chicken chaser. but it had so much things incorperated into it that i cant wait to see if they come out with a new one which is highly possible with the 360. its like the mid evil version of Grand Theft Auto.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

GTA San Andreas

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

The most innovative game: Katamari Damacy. Period. It's for the PS2.

What's the gameplay you ask? Simple... You roll around a ball and pick up stuff. The more stuff you pick up..the bigger you get. The bigger you get, you can pick up bigger stuff. At the end of the game, you pick up the world.

You basically start out picking stuff like staples up, but towards the end of the level, you're big enough to start picking up people and televisions. This game is easily the most innovative game. Ever.

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

Definition of Innovation
    1. [n] the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new
    2. [n] a creation (a new device or process) resulting from study and experimentation
    3. [n] the creation of something in the mind

For this I would have to say the game Jumping Flash for the Playstation 1. If anyone has played this game they would know why it's so innovative.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BFmastermind
    Definition of Innovation
    1. [n] the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new
    2. [n] a creation (a new device or process) resulting from study and experimentation
    3. [n] the creation of something in the mind

For this I would have to say the game Jumping Flash for the Playstation 1. If anyone has played this game they would know why it's so innovative.
    1. What is Jumping Flash about?

2. Katamari Damacy fits the definition of Innovation, thus making the most innovative game. Ever.

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks

The most innovative game: Katamari Damacy. Period. It's for the PS2.
    Dude...I was so going to say that...

It's true that Katamari is easily the most innovative game. There has never been a game that's slightly like Katamari. I think that every PS2 owner should have this game in their library. It's only $20 to boot.

GTA: SA is certinely not innovative.
    Too cool for a sig.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbuffetking
    GTA: SA is certinely not innovative.
    At the time, GTA1 and/or 3 was innovative, but the formula's been used too many times since in other GTA games and cheap knockoffs like True Crime: Streets of LA.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast