Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is the movie industry going to the crapper?

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is the movie industry going to the crapper?

Games. (Doom just came out).

Comic Book Series. (Just to name a few: Daredevil, Hulk, Spiderman&2, Xmen&2, Superman, Fantasic Four, Punisher, and so on...).

Remakes. (Lord knows we had a bunch of them).

That's all Hollywood is now-a-days. Shame.

Newbie dgs_vex may be famous one day dgs_vex may be famous one day
    Thanks

maybe its because you dont diversify.

get moveis from india, well my family orders alot and i just so happen to watch them. there not bad, they use alot of them singing inbetween stuff like grease.

get moveis from japan. japan makes alot of good horror stores and they do other stuff like dramas(that i dont understand cause they are just puzzled like that)

get movies from korea. korea also makes alot of good horror movies. they have alot of action.

get movies from china. china has alot of good actiors and china has a booming entertainment industry(although they have a piracy rate of like near 90%). they make the best comedy moveis and action/drama/whatever movies ive seen to date.

btw im wait for that one little red riddinghood movie that is suppose to come out later this year. *looks so funny* and that memories of geishia movie was sad.

but the problem is if you can tolerate asian stuff. but yeah the US is comming out with dumb movies.

Newbie somechick_73 may be famous one day somechick_73 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I agree. The movie industry has been repeating itself for too long. They need more original writers. I remember when I was a kid they came out with a lot of cool movies, The Neverending story for instance. Not to mention Legend, and The Last Unicorn. Such great movies, and such imagination. I don't think they have imaginative minds. I've read fanfics better than the movies they have out now. I think they should look to writers of online fiction and pull out the ideas for movies. It would be excellent. Such imagination. Though I don't deny there have been movies I've liked that had to do with gaming and comic books. Elektra, Spider-man, Spider-man2, Xmen, X-2, Daredevil, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2...All good movies. I liked them all for whatever they had in them that was different from what we normally see. *shrugs* I hope they just get more imagination!

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clover
    yep,
    remakes are common now, sequals just arent any good, and horror movies have hit bottom for me
    You seen the movies Saw and Saw2 both of thoes are new movies and must both on my top 5 favorite movies.But most other new horrors are are a little to chessy for me.

and not to forget All the Lord of the Rings(lordnikon you know what i'm talking about),the newest trilogy of Star Wars are really good movies and Chronicals of Narnia is a master pice.
    Last edited by Lighting Count; Feb 18, 2006 at 09:10 PM.

Code Name Wind

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Then animation will outlast movies, I mean anyone seen the first Hellsing OVA Digest for Fleaks (dont ask me about the spelling, it came that way). It's awesome.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Otaku Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lighting Count

and not to forget All the Lord of the Rings(lordnikon you know what i'm talking about),the newest trilogy of Star Wars are really good movies and Chronicals of Narnia is a master pice.
    I agree that they were good movies but The Lord of the Rings and The Chronicals of Narnia were originally books and were better as books.

The movie industry today is lacking in creativity and needs more originality, although sometimes they do have a spark of insperation and make a brill movie.

TY Sasurai for the lovely sig!*

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Perhaps Hollywood is not missing originality, but inspiration. I mean seriously, has there been anybody in any part of art, music or film that has truly made their spot in history these days? Sure we have very good actors, but we don't have great actors. I think the lack of inspiration tears away from originality and therefore, limits hollywood's options significantly. So they got to go back on their old hits until they can find something people'll watch that's ground breaking. It'll happen.

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

i think it's not that movies are going down the crapper, but just widely varying. Like for example, the pirates of the carribean was a good movie, but some other movies (sorry, can't think of names) really, REALLY suck.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast