Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Movies you had the wrong idea about

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Movies you had the wrong idea about

There's been a few times that you missed a certain film because you thought it was going to be a certain "way" and decided to skip it. But then over time you end up catching it somehow (on tv, rental etc.) and you end up proving yourself completely wrong by really liking the movie? Happened to me a few times in the past....

Cemetary Man - hilariously dark cult film i thought would be stupid, and it was but in a good way! I really love the film now..

Narc - I assumed this would be your run of the mill cop flick. I had no idea it would be so intense and stylish. One of my favorites now..

Eyes Wide Shut - Unfortunately i was one of the people who let the bad reviews get to me, but after seeing it myself. I dont see why the film was beat up so bad. Its haunting and really beautiful. Viva Kubrick!

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Fat Albert - It looked like a kids movie. When in fact it's really for the whole gang. This movie has an amazing lesson to tell telling. A lesson we are never too young to learn.
    Seduced by Flesh

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    The movie "TRON" - people said it was old and stupid. THEY WERE WRONG! its totally awsome! -be..the..fighter..fight..the..power..

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Hahaha, TRON ! TRON is really...ermm, what's that word >_O

I had a bad idea about Shark Tale, because I thought it was a Finding Nemo remake to keep up with Disney, but when I saw it, it was soooo hilarious... the jellyfish rasta guys with the whole gaming referrence ~ "up, up, down, square, circle, left trigger, right, down" that was great... I think that's what got me to go to the theater....

Others would have to be ..... some I can't remember.....? I'm having memory problems @_@
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    I gotta say for me even before the movie came out I had something against Harry Potter

but it was one of those times when my bro and his gf hogged the tv and I got nothing else to do that I gave the first movie a chance, and overall it was quite an interesting movie. Afterwards, I went back to hating harry potter

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mostly I get the wrong impressions about comedies.

Malibu's Most Wanted, Eurotrip, Out Cold - I thought these flicks would blow and blow hard but I found myself laughing myself off the couch.

On the flipside:

Napoleon Dynamite, Anchorman, Bad Santa - The previews looked like they'd be laugh riots but all three movies were horrible and very unfunny.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Elephant. Have you seen this movie. I had no idea what it was about. I wont spoil it for anyone. All I can say is go rent it, its definately worth your money.

Another movie that surprised me was Requiem for a Dream. I had no clue what it was about, and the movie just flat out stunned me. I loved it. That same night I also watch Donnie Darko for the first time so I got a bit of a double hit combo with two movies I had no idea what they were about that surprised me.

Otaku fantasygirl_lai may be famous one day fantasygirl_lai may be famous one day fantasygirl_lai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ocean's Eleven.

DIdn't really know what the movie was about cos wasn't really that keen on it even though some of my friends says it good. Then went to the cinema one day where there was nothing on apart from Ocean's 12. Forced myself to see it since my bf wanted to but was suprised at how good it was!!

Rented Ocean's 11 out later and yup i liked it!
    Signature exceeds limits and has been deleted by Hassun

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast