Thread: Mozilla Firefox 1.0.3 Critical Update

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Mozilla Firefox 1.0.3 Critical Update

Grumble Grumble Grumble

For those EAO members using the Mozilla Firefox browser, version 1.0.3 has just been released, Among the security flaws that have been corrected are three remote code execution exploits that are rated CRITICAL in nature. So keep an eye open for the update available button (it looks like a short arrow in a small red circle in the upper right corner, next to that download/busy thingie...) and click on it when you see it, or manually trigger an update through Tools/Options/Advance/Software Updates menu...

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/secu...abilities.html

Related eWeek news article...
    http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1787270,00.asp

Related CNet article...
    http://news.com.com/Mozilla+flaws+co...l?tag=nefd.top
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    The busy update thingie I like that XD anywho Yeah good idea to upgrade ^_^

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    i'll have to upgrade again....

btw. does anyone else experiance a loss of bookmarks when you upgrade?

when i upgrade the new version of firefox will remember all my settings and bookmarks but only for two or three days then it resets EVERYTHING. no more custom setting, no more custom skins (they are there just not in use any more), no more bokmarks. my whiter list and black lists are reset too.

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think there is an extention for FireFox for bookmarks check out their extention site

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    no. i have the bookmarks.it's a feature built into firefox (i wouldn't use it if it didn't have the feature) (ctrl-D)

the problem is that whenever i upgrade firefox forgets them. but not immedietly. and it forgets all my other custom settings too.

Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Newbie Judau Ashta may be famous one day Judau Ashta may be famous one day Judau Ashta's Avatar
    Thanks
    ^ You could just always export the bookmarks, so you can just load them back up if they disappear. But I'm sure you already knew that.

Thanks
    i do now i did that after te first time it forgot my bookmarks. i just want to know WHY it forgets them.....

Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"