Thread: Mozilla Firefox help

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down Mozilla Firefox help

I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and it won't work. I load it up and it says "cannot find start.mozilla.org try another name or site" I need help. Someone help me. What do I do?

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mozilla Firefox help

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiDude128
    I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and it won't work. I load it up and it says "cannot find start.mozilla.org try another name or site" I need help. Someone help me. What do I do?
    get rid of it, it doesn't work i tried that program before and it didn't work.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh... ok. Can anyone at least try to help me out.

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

If you got that message, you are at least able to open the program. When it says that, somehow firefox is not getting an internet connection. "start.mozilla.org" is the default homepage for firefox.

If you have another browser, check that one first to see if that is connecting to the net. If it isn't, you might have ISP problems that are beyond your direct control (well, depending if you have a static IP or not). If you can connect with your old browser, then the issue lies (most likely) in firefox's setup. Still though, follow the standard steps-

Check your internet connection on your OS first. Assuming you are using windows, one path is: Start/control panel/Network and Internet connections/Newwork connections. Make sure the proper ethernet or wireless connections are enabled and functioning properly.

Next, check the firefox connection by following: Tools/Options/Connection settings/.
    By default, the proxy is not set, so you are in a direct connect setup.

If you are still having issues, check all firewalls such as zone alarm or windows XP-SP2 prebuilt one. You might have to issue a premission for the newly addded program.

Alas, there are too many possibilities to write here. Maybe you could snoop around a bit, and give more info?

Thanks

Ok as I have AOL running it won't even load. It will say it's loading the site, but it isn't loading. Or else my laptop is to dang slow.