Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mozilla/Firefox Security Flaw!!!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Mozilla/Firefox Security Flaw!!!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

A potential security flaw has been discovered that effects both the Firefox and Mozilla browser that concerns the handling of ULR listings with International Domain Names using non-english character sets. Mozilla.org recommends that this feature be disabled in current Firefox/Mozilla browsers. This can be done manually, or by the use of a small browser patch that can be downloaded from the Mozilla site.

Mozilla.org notice on the IDN buffer overflow security issue
    https://addons.mozilla.org/messages/307259.html
    http://news.com.com/Unpatched+Firefo...ml?tag=cd.lede
    Related CNET news article...
    http://news.com.com/Mozilla+offers+t...l?tag=nefd.top
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku miranda2354 may be famous one day miranda2354 may be famous one day miranda2354's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mozilla/Firefox Security Flaw!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

A potential security flaw has been discovered that effects both the Firefox and Mozilla browser that concerns the handling of ULR listings with International Domain Names using non-english character sets. Mozilla.org recommends that this feature be disabled in current Firefox/Mozilla browsers. This can be done manually, or by the use of a small browser patch that can be downloaded from the Mozilla site.

Mozilla.org notice on the IDN buffer overflow security issue
    https://addons.mozilla.org/messages/307259.html

Related CNET news article...
    http://news.com.com/Mozilla+offers+t...l?tag=nefd.top
    what are you saying

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

My guess is, if you don't know, it doesn't apply to you. LoL
    I thought the same thing when I viewed it earlier... Then I just figured it must not apply to me. I mean... I've never heard of Mozilla or Firefox. They may even both be the same thing. I'm just not sure.
    Last edited by Agent Orange 216; Sep 10, 2005 at 06:18 PM.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by miranda2354
    what are you saying
    If you use either the Mozilla or Firefox web browser, you should view the link to the Mozilla notice and read the instructions on how to fix your browser from this new problem. If you don't use Mozilla or Firefox, there's no reason for you to be viewing this thread...

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks

Isn't the flaw with regard to the 1.5 beta. you didn't specify, If i remember correctly the flaw affects nothing other than the beta for 1.5 which is a drastic move from 1.0.6 so I expected something like this hence i still run 1.0.6.
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

Otaku Libitina may be famous one day Libitina may be famous one day Libitina's Avatar
    Thanks

mine does not say anything!

Otaku miranda2354 may be famous one day miranda2354 may be famous one day miranda2354's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face Re: Mozilla/Firefox Security Flaw!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

If you use either the Mozilla or Firefox web browser, you should view the link to the Mozilla notice and read the instructions on how to fix your browser from this new problem. If you don't use Mozilla or Firefox, there's no reason for you to be viewing this thread...
    Isnt Mozzila and firefox the same thing,are you talking about a newer version of mozilla

Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by death_knight
    Isn't the flaw with regard to the 1.5 beta. you didn't specify, If i remember correctly the flaw affects nothing other than the beta for 1.5 which is a drastic move from 1.0.6 so I expected something like this hence i still run 1.0.6.
    And to quote the Mozilla security announcement...
    On September 6 a security vulnerability affecting all versions of Mozilla Firefox and the Mozilla Suite was reported to Mozilla by Tom Ferris and on September 8th was publicly disclosed.
    Quote Originally Posted by miranda2354
    Isnt Mozzila and firefox the same thing,are you talking about a newer version of mozilla
    Mozilla and Firefox are related, but their not the same thing. Mozilla descended from the original Netscape browser, and has a integrated E-mail client built in. Both Mozilla and Firefox share the same code base for Internet browsing...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast