Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MPAA cracks down on BitTorrent

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I'm sure that if Microsoft was noticing losses they'd be cracking down. As long as the person you buy your PC from isn't giving you a bootlegged copy of XP, Microsoft probably couldn't care less. There isn't really a huge demand from people sporadically buying the OS in the store seperate from a PC in the first place.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    but people are always upgrading, and besides XP, there is MS Office, adobe hundreds of other applications that outnumber movies that come out per year. what i'm saying is that the software industry is much bigger than the movie industry, yet they aren't whining about it.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    well, in terms of MPAA, the reason why Loki-Torrent was most likely shut down was because people were posting american made movies on torrents for it, I believe that the MPAA is focusing on the American movie making business now, the will most likely get into anime later sometime, but in terms of reasoning, people download American movies. I don't think BT will be forever lost but I do think that the more MPAA starts hunting, people activities will continue to go more underground.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku zero_enna may be famous one day zero_enna may be famous one day zero_enna's Avatar
    Thanks
    well i guess is going to get worse after the sands of time fall
    me myself barely started this bit torrent thing like a few weeks ago...
    if they start hunting for people who download anime this is going to get BAD
    like the ni guy said it WILL go underground...

^^BEST SIG EVER!!^^

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    hmm i agree that bit is useful...
    An i think that the mass suing of millions of people that use bit... might be kinda dumb..
    For one reason this might cause an uprising, maybe another revolution? Because of all the people that will be effected...
    Suing people in other country's will be very difficult to do.
    Plus i don't think bit is just going to disappear...
    there's other way's of getting ahold of files with out using bt, that people will begin using such as sending cd's/dvd's through the mail... so are they going to start checking peoples mail for these files?
    plus the people that haven't used bit alot, i don't think will be effected.. more of the people that use bt ALot an upload files for others to dl. people effected is going to be more like the people that dl 5gb a month or in that area.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

In addition to shutting down LokiTorrents.com, the courts also ordered that all server logs be handed over to the MPAA... Its only a matter of time before more lawsuits against individuals are filed...

Related CNET article...
    http://news.com.com/Court+Hollywood+...3-5571782.html
    http://news.com.com/MPAA+files+new+f...html?tag=st.rn

Which only goes to show that you should not consider anonymous Internet downloads to be truly 'anonymous'.
    Honestly I hope they crack down on more people stealing software, movies and the likes.

If you have friends that you want to share anime with, that's fine in my opinion. But by the masses you are really stealing from someone/multiple companies. These aren't just billion dollar companies either.

We are a capitalistic society and that means that nothing given for free doesn't have sme effect down the road or at the present. IT drives up prices, normal Joe's and Jane's can end up paying large fines and the only good it shows is that prices were too high in the first place.

Anyhow, just my opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2