Thread: mugen for pc

Otaku iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan's Avatar
    Thanks

mugen for pc

anyone heard of mugen? its a fighting game created by fans. you can add characters, stages, music, and more. what i still want to know is if anyone was able to play it on windows xp since there isnt a lot of info on mugen for windows xp.

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: mugen for pc

This must be it right?

Quote Originally Posted by streetmugen
    Mugen is a 2d combat engine, entirely skeletal system created by a small studio of American development: Elecbyte. It enables you to create your own fighting game, very easily and without any knowledge in programming. The principle is very simple. You download MUGEN, make your fighting game, then you can add characters, decorations, music, or even screenpacks to modify the appearance of the play. In the blink of an eye, you carry out sets of engagements with a gameplay and graphics worthy of the best productions from Capcom or SNK. But wait! Mugen does not stop there. You can also create your own character, your own training levels, and make a completely original playing style.

Build the ultimate character selection screen!

Then use the characters to fight!
    From the website I found this information from, they have it available for linux, Windows 98, 2000, and Windows XP. So to answer your questions, I've just heard of it from reading your post then browsing the internet so I don't know too much about it other than what's said, and yes, it's currently available for windows xp.
    Last edited by BFmastermind; Jun 20, 2005 at 12:37 AM.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

This looks like an interesting game. I may have to check it out.
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan's Avatar
    Thanks

i see. so it must be official now for windows xp. when i tried it last time i was so confused. i didnt know how to add the characters, music, stages, etc. i need someone who is experienced with this game to help me. *sigh*

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iazndragoni yan
    i see. so it must be official now for windows xp. when i tried it last time i was so confused. i didnt know how to add the characters, music, stages, etc. i need someone who is experienced with this game to help me. *sigh*
    The tutorials from their website are in french but I can translate them for you if you want me to, just send me a private message requesting "mugen tutorial translation" and I'll gladly translate them for you.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Bwa, it's more like a "fan get together and compile all our favourite characters and all their best versions in a game".
    Balancing this baby out is nigh impossible and therefore it's not alot of fun to play except if you really want to see to characters fight eachother that you may never see in a real game.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    Bwa, it's more like a "fan get together and compile all our favourite characters and all their best versions in a game".
    Balancing this baby out is nigh impossible and therefore it's not alot of fun to play except if you really want to see to characters fight each other that you may never see in a real game.
    I think that's just for Street Mugen. It also says you can supposedly make your own original fighting game but I'm not sure how the building and balancing works in that case. I'm guessing it depends on the capabilities of the program and the person who's making the game. If an original fighting game that's balanced could be made then it is possible that it could be fun to play.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BFmastermind
    I think that's just for Street Mugen. It also says you can supposedly make your own original fighting game but I'm not sure how the building and balancing works in that case. I'm guessing it depends on the capabilities of the program and the person who's making the game. If an original fighting game that's balanced could be made then it is possible that it could be fun to play.
    ...and hella hard to make.