Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: murder in a mosque

Newbie xyzeus may be famous one day xyzeus may be famous one day xyzeus's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation murder in a mosque

My hands are shaking as I am typing this...
    We have to be sooo naive to think that soldiers (ours and our enemies) fight by the rules.
    First there was the prison scandal and now there is the breaking story of a Marine killing an injured prisoner in a mosque. This story is going to cause so much more hatred and killing of Americans now that it has been aired to the world.
    How can we be justified in saying that it right to kill an unarmed, wounded man in a place where God is worshipped?
    What if the reverse happened? What if the insurgents killed wounded Americans in a church?
    How do you think we would react?

Sorry if I asked too many questions....

a17
    Newbie a17 may be famous one day a17 may be famous one day a17's Avatar
    Thanks
    Now I dont know about unarmed man being killed, but its quite well accepeted/proved fact that terroists are holing themsleves up in mosques and using them as storage deport's. But ya.. its sad someone innocent was hit cause people mis using places of worship.

....Place where god is? why would a god want to be in this hell(world) which is full of dingbats and murderers? I know i would want to be far away as possible.

What if the insurgents killed wounded Americans in a church?
    Dont worry, they have already, muslim insurgants bomb busses with kids on it, any place with lotsa people in it, is the kinda thing they always aim for and they wouldnt have a second thought about it. Just look what thye did in mosco. Need i say more?

Only people i feel sorry for in middle east, are those in isreal who have to deal with muslims blowing themselves like smarties wiht aim to kill many people as possible- kids,mothers,babys etc. Now my hands or atleast mind shake when i hear bout daily updates of muslims bombing inncoent people :/
    Last edited by a17; Nov 16, 2004 at 06:37 AM.

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xyzeus
    We have to be sooo naive to think that soldiers (ours and our enemies) fight by the rules.
    First there was the prison scandal and now there is the breaking story of a Marine killing an injured prisoner in a mosque. This story is going to cause so much more hatred and killing of Americans now that it has been aired to the world.
    The world of war is filled with people who act by instinct. People who believe or grow to believe that they should take matters into their own hands. There is no such thing as a clean war. People on both sides see things that no person should see...death of innocent children, friends, family members, etc. And that leads to more hatred, etc. Well I'm glad that at least the word got out. Not that I want more hatred to be spread around and more deaths, but at least people are going to realize that American's aren't always the nice big brother that they sometimes paint themselves out to be. There's losses on both sides, fair and unfair....but it's BOTH sides. Hopefully this will bring about some sort of change, but I highly doubt it.

How can we be justified in saying that it right to kill an unarmed, wounded man in a place where God is worshipped?
    What if the reverse happened? What if the insurgents killed wounded Americans in a church?
    It can't be justified. The killing of an unarmed wounded man...either 1. it proves that the guy who killed him had no justifiable excuse...or 2. just shows that they couldn't even subdue an "unarmed, wounded man" "in a place where God is worshipped" or not, to kill an unarmed and wounded man, in plain sight in the streets would not be any better.

As for how do you think we would react.....well...."kill those damn bastards!!!!"....and that's what will prob happen. and US will retaliate saying...they tried to kill us so we gotta kill them in defense. Its the cycle of war.

Quote Originally Posted by a17
    ....Place where god is? why would a god want to be in this hell(world) which is full of dingbats and murderers? I know i would want to be far away as possible.
    Lets not start this into a religious thread >.< ....it can be and is already discussed in another thread.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai's Avatar
    Thanks
    For someone who doesn't worship the God in a mosque, killing the man is like killing him in public. To him the mosque is just a building, unlike to the worshippers.When it's war, kill or be killed.
    Fi5th Column
    ----
    Thx to Trunks for this wonderful sig~.
    ----

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    War is war. Don't act so indignant about this. You shake your head, muttering "How dare they kill a man in a mosque?" under your breath. Don't waste your time. This is war. In war, shit happens.

I'm sorry... let me explain my point of view. I get mail from one of my friends who's on active duty in Iraq. He explains how much they hate the U.S. over there. They liked it when we took down Saddam's regime, but now they are starting to think that we have overstayed our welcome.

Anyways... a mosque is just another building in times of war. There's nothing significant about it. In a recent tassle, there was a sniper in a mosque near my friend's unit. They had to storm it and take him down. That's just how it is.

Newbie KaiserD may be famous one day KaiserD may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Jeruselum is a holy city and fighting breaks out there, any time, if it be christmas or a jewish festival.

You should know by now, people build over graveyards, there are plans for some county around here to take down a memorial to build a shopping centre. NOTHING is sacred any more.

And to think there used to be a time when wars where posted in big fields away from civilian areas...

As for the soldier, yes it must be degrading living like that, I imagine it's very easy to get tangled up in all the hatred. When someone hates you and wants you dead that's not going to make you feel happy is it? Especially when this is a long period of time. Besides, it might have been a young soldier not very experienced who just panicked at seeing someone there. We don't know what happened because we wern't there but it's easy to be quick to assume and judge.

Newbie Nemontine89 may be famous one day Nemontine89 may be famous one day Nemontine89's Avatar
    Thanks
    Er, a17, it's not only Muslims who are blowing themselves up, as you put it.

I wuv me my gumbies XD

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry if I asked too many questions....
    No you don't ask to many questions and you have evey right to be upset, so was the military. The marine who did it has already been removed from his unit and is under investigation. That includes asking the other 4 insurgents present what happened as well as the other members of the unit and the reporter present.

It's sad but things like this happen. To think they don't is unrelistic. The real question isn't how could it happen but what is being done about it, and something is being done. That is what sets us apart from people who DONT CARE who they kill to accomplish their ends.

As for killing people in churches, it is happening constantly in the middle east, at least if they are christian churchs. And no, people don't seem to care. If the people who live there won't do anything then what can we do? And yes, some of those killed have included Americans, again, what can we do?
    Last edited by Arrianna; Nov 16, 2004 at 06:32 PM.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast