Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Music

Newbie xyzeus may be famous one day xyzeus may be famous one day xyzeus's Avatar
    Thanks
    If you really want to go off the pop path, but still want to hear stuff that is relatively cool, I suggest you hit the electronica/dj/world music section. The trip hop/lounge music/dub samplers are perfect to have playing in the background while you are crackin' at the keyboard (I have some asian lounge beats going on right now!)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    can you guys gimme specific names so I can find them???

Newbie xyzeus may be famous one day xyzeus may be famous one day xyzeus's Avatar
    Thanks
    To get your ears wet on some good lounge music, get any of the MTV Chillout compilations and get a feel for which artists suit your taste. If you are into more hard and heavy beats, then go for Thievery Corporation, Massive Attack, Crystal Method, Fatboy Slim and DJ Krush. On the softer side, listen to Frou Frou, Lamb, Portishead, Zero 7, and Morcheeba.

I can't give you any artist names for asian lounge music because I only buy samplers (so I don't really know if the artists are worth buying a whole cd), but I have to say that every one that I have purchased has been a real treat.

Newbie KayJayFromAust may be famous one day KayJayFromAust may be famous one day KayJayFromAust's Avatar
    Thanks
    if you wanna try chinese music give "jay Chou" a go, he is excellent i love his song especially "in the name of the father".

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    OH GOD, anything BUT jay chou....NO JAY CHOU!!!

Otaku Seshoumaru may be famous one day Seshoumaru may be famous one day Seshoumaru's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't know that many chinese artists, but Twins is very wellknown, just like F4, but I don't think that's something you'll like
    What else is left... oooowwww!!!!!! I know... S.H.E. - Superstar... you should check out that song... a very good song in my opinion...

Edit: actually you should listen to the whole album (Superstar)... if you like chinese pop/rock... this is made for you...
    Last edited by Seshoumaru; Nov 10, 2004 at 07:48 AM.

Otaku dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Morcheeba
    Thievery Corporation
    Massive Attack
    Portishead (although they haven't put out anything in several years)
    DJ Shadow
    DJ Krush
    Meat Beat Manifesto

all excellent

Urd
    Newbie Urd may be famous one day Urd may be famous one day Urd's Avatar
    The land of thousand lakes and the midnightsun!
    Thanks
    How about Finnish music? Try bands like Tiktak, Indica, Neljä ruusua, Dingo, the Rasmus, HIM, Nightwish, etc.... Those really should sound different to ya all...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast