Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Music and You

Otaku Stitch may be famous one day Stitch may be famous one day Stitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Music and You

When you listen to music, what do you listen for? Do you listen to the lyrics? Or perhaps you listen to the instruments?

I personally listen to the music played, sure some lyrics are ok, but instrumental work is my favorite. What about you?
    In the absence of life, there is death...
    ...but in the absence of death, there is suffering.
    Sig By: Sasurai

im a ninja-u cant c me bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Music and You

ya i love the instermints. i like the gutars and drums. i like to lisen to hevy mettle just to lisen to the music without the liricks

IM BACK

Otaku Nioko may be famous one day Nioko may be famous one day Nioko's Avatar
    Thanks

I mainly listen to Japanese rock and pop music, which has lot of awesome music and lyrics. So, I have to say that I listen for both of them. Sometimes, however, I mainly look for some sweet and beautiful music! Like Mayura-chan says: It is so peaceful.

What some of my love potion, O sweet Kedar?

Otaku Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me's Avatar
    Thanks

It depends, if the lyrics have a real impact then i will listen to them, but usually its the instruments i listen to.

TY Sasurai for the lovely sig!*

Otaku yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92's Avatar
    Thanks

the beat

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

I listen to music for the instrumental work and the lyrics, but some times i just listen for the instrumental work.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    When you listen to music, what do you listen for? Do you listen to the lyrics? Or perhaps you listen to the instruments?

I personally listen to the music played, sure some lyrics are ok, but instrumental work is my favorite. What about you?
    Firstly, let me just state that I listen to all kinds of music. Rap/Hip-Hop, Progressive/Hardcore/Metal/Classic/Alternative Rock, Jrock/Jpop, other Foreign music (Spanish, German, and Indian music), and last but not least, Trance/Dance/Rave.

Rock music is my main, and favorite genre. Trance, and Jrock are close.

Now that we have that out of the way. How I listen to music depends on the genre. So, I'll list all my genres and include your above questions.

Rap/Hip-Hop - It's all about the beat. I somewhat detest rap music. But some good, underground Hip-Hop music can be real good. I hate rap lyrics, and I ignore them.

Rock - Being my favorite genre, I listen to rock in all kinds of ways. I don't listen to the beat as much as I pay attention to the instruments, mainly the guitar, although there are bands out there with good drumming (Avenged Sevenfold, Led Zepellin). I swear, some songs with good guitar riffs can just give me an orgasm. As for lyrics, it really depends on the band. The best bands out there for lyrics are Tool, and System of a Down (Tool being the better of the two). I love Tool's lyrics. If you haven't listened to Tool, then you should go listen to them. Quickly! Go!

As for as Foreign Music goes (including Japanese) I don't really listen to anything more than others. If I just like the song, I listen to it, that's all. Admittely, most of the Jrock/Jpop I have have come from anime OSTs. Anime like Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell, Bleach, and Cowboy Bebop have great music. Each with their own type. Ghost in the Shell being more punk rock, Cowboy Bebop is obviously jazzy, etc...

Trance - It's all about the beat and the lyrics. When I first listen to it, I listen to the beat, if that can grab me, then I start paying attention to the lyrics. If the lyrics AND the beat are good, that is what makes it a good song. One of my favorite songs of all time is Delerium - Silence Feat. Sarah McLachlan (DJ Tiƫsto's In Search of Sunrise Remix).

Also, there is another option in Music that separates good songs from great ones. And that is the way the song is sung. No, it's not the singer's voice, but rather how they sing the lyrics, and how it works with the music. That's why I love Tool so much. Great lyrics, great guitar play, and great singing.

Newbie altera may be famous one day altera may be famous one day altera's Avatar
    Thanks

sometimes lyrics sometimes instruments but most of the time all together..I think that a song really sounds better if you put a little piece of your soul into listening.. You should see me while listening The End (The Doors of course)..out of this world.. great vocal,great lyrics,great instruments..that's it
    'Cause I'm a voodoo child
    Lord knows I'm a voodoo child...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast